Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide and repo have been really great. Rehabman, do you have an amazon wishlist or anything? Would have sent direct but I don't have enough posts.

No worries, but individual compensation not allowed per rules: https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

I wrote the guide and scripts for myself and shared them here. Similar to all my guides. It did not take long as I based it off other guides (installing macOS/OS X on any computer is remarkably similar... always slight differences in details, and never perfect, but very similar no matter).

Enjoy.

Dear RehabMan,
i have one Intel nuc6i5SYK but when i boot to install mac os x 10.11 then dos show error "Still waiting for root device"
please, can help me?

Dear RehabMan,
i have one Intel nuc6i5SYK but when i boot to install mac os x 10.11 then dos show error "Still waiting for root device"
please, can help me?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
Dear RehabMan,
this is my screen booting and EFI folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20170121-082845.png
    Screenshot_20170121-082845.png
    196 KB · Views: 116
Dear RehabMan,
this is my screen booting and EFI folder.

You did not follow the guide:
- there should be no files in ACPI/patched (plus the files there are corrupt... not AML format)
- USBInjectAll.kext is not needed for installation
(using it would make all USB ports except the front right work with only USB2 devices)
- config.plist is not config_install_nuc6_sc.plist

Follow the guide as written. Carefully.

You did not follow the guide:
1- there should be no files in ACPI/patched (plus the files there are corrupt... not AML format)
2- USBInjectAll.kext is not needed for installation
(using it would make all USB ports except the front right work with only USB2 devices)
3- config.plist is not config_install_nuc6_sc.plist

Follow the guide as written. Carefully.
Dear RehabMan,
Your mind is:
1. empty folder ACPI/patched? or not .AML but is .DSL?
2. as first i not use USBInjectAll.kext but boot error then i use it. my USB 3.0 16GB HP i must use the USB port?
3. i saw in content config.plist <string>SSDT.aml</string>...-0,-1,... it's ok if empty folder ACPI/patched?
maybe error from SSD M.2 in my NUC?
thank you! i will try agian.

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
You can try FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext as a fix for that.
I was believed that an update to Safari fixed that particular problem.

I use Google Chrome. Does it still apply?

Dear RehabMan,
I has format USB and install again bellow:
I choose Option 2 (GPT, one partition) in your guide and install clover r3974
Copy HFSPlus.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and current file in this folder I not delete
Copy FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Rename config_install_nuc6.plist to config.plist and copy to EFI/CLOVER
And run executed in Terminal:
# copy installer image
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app" --nointeraction
# rename
sudo diskutil rename "Install OS X El Capitan" install_osx

I load default bios setup and change it same your guide.
After finish I must use the USB port that is on the front left of my NUC(yellow) and reinstall.
BUT UNSUCCESSFULLY. Please, teach me how about that? maybe I wrong somewhere.

Dear RehabMan,
i'm without error "Still waiting for root device". I use macOS Sierra from appstore. and now i having config by your guide!
UPDATE: sometime monitor show noise screen.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I am having the same problem as kernelpanicd. Also getting flicker when moving in webpages when getting out of sleep mode. Also the monitor starts to flicker sometimes and then goes back to normal. What would I need to do with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, can I just install it with kext wizard or do I have to a lot of modifications afterwards? I think it may work better for me with hdmi.

Also, whenever I boot into Windows it seems the efibootmgr settings get messed up. Clover disappears and then I have to type in the efibootmgr commands in Linux. The first command fails but the second one seems to not give any errors (efibootmgr -o 4 or something like that) and then I can get back into clover again. Any ideas on how to fix that? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back