Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile does not have any indication of your hardware.
Fixed.
The Airplay error described above is occured because of youtube videos.
Every else video was streamed fine via Youtube. I found out afterwards that it is a common problem, that youtube videos cant get airplayed.

Is it possible to get line in working?
Ive ordered a USB Mic from ebay for 1,66 from hongkong, delivery is in 1-2 months... would be great if the earpods on the line in/out of the nuc can get to be properly working.

Hi RehabMan!
Thank you first for your work to bring NUCs able to run macOS!
I've been using NUC6i5SYH for a while and everything worked just fine on EI Capitan. I recently upgraded to Sierra and bugs came one after one -- first is audio, audio stopped working and no output device was found in system pref panel. Also my 21:9 monitor using HDMI connection worked poorly, since the correct resolution is 2560*1080 not 1920*1080.
I've tried to boot without cache but unfortunately Clover doesn't have that option in the r3859 version I'm using. I also ran the install_downloads.sh script for multiple times but doesn't seem to work at all.
I've attached my debug info and can you please help me to fix these two bugs? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• command_line_output.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 154
  • RehabMan.zip
    44.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Zehan’s iMac.ioreg
    11.6 MB · Views: 95
  • EFI.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 94
Hi RehabMan!
Thank you first for your work to bring NUCs able to run macOS!
I've been using NUC6i5SYH for a while and everything worked just fine on EI Capitan. I recently upgraded to Sierra and bugs came one after one -- first is audio, audio stopped working and no output device was found in system pref panel. Also my 21:9 monitor using HDMI connection worked poorly, since the correct resolution is 2560*1080 not 1920*1080.
I've tried to boot without cache but unfortunately Clover doesn't have that option in the r3859 version I'm using. I also ran the install_downloads.sh script for multiple times but doesn't seem to work at all.
I've attached my debug info and can you please help me to fix these two bugs? Thanks so much!

Make sure you updated your config.plist. I didn't download your EFI.zip as it is too large (EFI not requested, read post #1, "Problem Reporting").

I can tell from ioreg:
- your config.plist is wrong
- you didn't implement power management.

In summary, follow the guide in post #1.

Hello Rehabman and friends. Thank you for your really great and detailed guide. I have had a hard time getting it all to work but nearing the end. But none of this would have been possible without your work and time.

My issue: I am having problems with resolution/HiDPI + Displayport.

I have a 4K monitor but if I set the resolution to 3840x2160 I need a magnifying glass to see what's on the screen. I've tried the guides on HiDPI, using SwitchResX and other tricks e.g. [Guide] Add your custom retina / HiDPI resolution for your desktop display - all to no avail. I can only use the HDMI connection. If I plug in the Displayport cable it causes a reboot loop, giving the error 'failed to initialize graphics firmware' on the verbose startup (before rebooting).

I have settled for 1920x1080 for now, in the hopes I will be able to find someone to help!
Please find attached the usual files and see my hardware in profile.
Cheers+thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • commandlineoutput.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 285
  • ioreg.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
  • patchmatic.zip
    54 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hello Rehabman and friends. Thank you for your really great and detailed guide. I have had a hard time getting it all to work but nearing the end. But none of this would have been possible without your work and time.

My issue: I am having problems with resolution/HiDPI + Displayport.

I have a 4K monitor but if I set the resolution to 3840x2160 I need a magnifying glass to see what's on the screen. I've tried the guides on HiDPI, using SwitchResX and other tricks e.g. [Guide] Add your custom retina / HiDPI resolution for your desktop display - all to no avail. I can only use the HDMI connection. If I plug in the Displayport cable it causes a reboot loop, giving the error 'failed to initialize graphics firmware' on the verbose startup (before rebooting).

I have settled for 1920x1080 for now, in the hopes I will be able to find someone to help!
Please find attached the usual files and see my hardware in profile.
Cheers+thanks

DP does not work on the Skull Canyon on 10.12. Use 10.11 instead.

Note that this guide *is* for 10.11.

>bitf, I also have a 4K monitor and struggled with resolutions until I changed ig-platform-id to 19260002. (Non Skull Canyon). Sierra unstable on my NUC, haven't tried 10.12.1 yet.

>bitf, I also have a 4K monitor and struggled with resolutions until I changed ig-platform-id to 19260002. (Non Skull Canyon). Sierra unstable on my NUC, haven't tried 10.12.1 yet.

Interestingly, some report better results with 0x19260004. I have no 4k monitor here... I'm waiting for more (5k? 8k?), such that retina would make sense on a 30" monitor.

Changing the ig-platform-id around doesn't help my situation. Guess I'll just keep poking around in the hope something turns up. Thanks for replies!

Hi

Looking at this comment

"Before settling on the Samsung SM951 AHCI, I tried a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD. Although it works with NVMeGeneric.kext, there are too many issues to recommend NVMe at this point. Use an AHCI M.2 or SATA M.2 SSD."

What does this mean please ?

I've ordered a SSD "Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 256 GB Solid State Drive " from amazon.co.uk

Will this work ? I can't see what else fits or works in the Skull Canyon, like AHCI M2 or SATA ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back