Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of OS X/macOS?
El capitan.
When using only one monitor:
pc does not always sleeps properly (led is blue and fans make noise), but always able to wake op from sleep.

When using both monitors:
can put to sleep (also with blue led and fan noise), but not able to wake up.

El capitan.
When using only one monitor:
pc does not always sleeps properly (led is blue and fans make noise), but always able to wake op from sleep.

When using both monitors:
can put to sleep (also with blue led and fan noise), but not able to wake up.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". I'm using one monitor (DP) and have no issue waking from sleep so far (I'm using this NUC as my main computer as of yesterday). I could test two monitors (DP+HDMI), but I would not be surprised if there were issues, but first we need to verify you followed the guide...

Note: I plan to try some things for the audio pop. Now that I have speakers connected to the rear port... that problem is very obvious.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". I'm using one monitor (DP) and have no issue waking from sleep so far (I'm using this NUC as my main computer as of yesterday). I could test two monitors (DP+HDMI), but I would not be surprised if there were issues, but first we need to verify you followed the guide...

Note: I plan to try some things for the audio pop. Now that I have speakers connected to the rear port... that problem is very obvious.
I've attached all the requested files.

edit: added IOreg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • RehabMan.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 105
  • terminal-rehabman.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 100
  • David’s iMac.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I've attached all the requested files.

edit: added IOreg

You're running 15.6.0 (I assume final). Why is HackrNVMeFamily from the beta?
Remove 3rd party software such as Boom.
Also, remove unnecessary devices such as the USB dongle you have in XHC.HS04.
I assume you have two monitors, one DP, one HDMI (no adapters?).

Please fill out your profile as requested in my guide (in the laptop guide...)
Originally, I thought this was a Skull Canyon NUC (like my own), but now I realize yours is a different model. Make sure your profile indicates the actual model. Also, provide details on the physical ports and their assignments as they relate to ioreg framebuffer @1/@2.
You might try ig-platform-id 0x19260004 (see SSDT-IGPU.dsl).

I have no ability to test my non-SC NUC at the moment because both SSDs are now in my Skull Canyon NUC (950 Pro NVMe for Windows, SM951/AHCI for 10.11).

You're running 15.6.0 (I assume final). Why is HackrNVMeFamily from the beta?
Remove 3rd party software such as Boom.
Also, remove unnecessary devices such as the USB dongle you have in XHC.HS04.
I assume you have two monitors, one DP, one HDMI (no adapters?).

Please fill out your profile as requested in my guide (in the laptop guide...)
Originally, I thought this was a Skull Canyon NUC (like my own), but now I realize yours is a different model. Make sure your profile indicates the actual model. Also, provide details on the physical ports and their assignments as they relate to ioreg framebuffer @1/@2.
You might try ig-platform-id 0x19260004 (see SSDT-IGPU.dsl).
I've updated HackrNMVeFamily to latest version.
I have a USB bluetooth dongle and a USB charger for magic mouse.
two monitors one HDMI, one DVI (using mini DP to DVI converter). I boot with DVI, after boot I turn on HDMI.
I have NUC6i5SYK.
I changed ig-platform-id to 0x19260004.

Overal my build works runs very well. Just some (minor) annoyances.

I've updated HackrNMVeFamily to latest version.
I have a USB bluetooth dongle and a USB charger for magic mouse.
two monitors one HDMI, one DVI (using mini DP to DVI converter). I boot with DVI, after boot I turn on HDMI.
I have NUC6i5SYK.
I changed ig-platform-id to 0x19260004.

Overal my build works runs very well. Just some (minor) annoyances.

NUC6i5SYK is the same as mine, so at least the ports should line up. Using DP->DVI might be questionable. Better would be a DP monitor + HDMI monitor (no adapters).

But yes, try without the BT dongle, and without Boom (just to remove unnecessary variables).
Report back on the platform-id change.

Can somebody confirm that AirPlay with Apple TV is working?
Can somebody confirm that the line in is working (to use for example the EarPods with Siri on macOS Sierra)?

That are the two things that doesnt work on 10.12 from the ammulder guide, I would try this one out if something of this is fixed/working fine.

EDIT://
GOT AIRPLAY FIXED! The problem is the graphic ID! Have changed it from 0x19260004 to 0x19260002 and its working now!
Both are listed for the 540 (https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/os-x-10-11-4-build-15e65-and-skylake-graphics-support/)

Now the mic is the only thing thats missing.

Last edited:
Can somebody confirm that AirPlay with Apple TV is working?
Can somebody confirm that the line in is working (to use for example the EarPods with Siri on macOS Sierra)?

That are the two things that doesnt work on 10.12 from the ammulder guide, I would try this one out if something of this is fixed/working fine.

EDIT://
GOT AIRPLAY FIXED! The problem is the graphic ID! Have changed it from 0x19260004 to 0x19260002 and its working now!
Both are listed for the 540 (https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/os-x-10-11-4-build-15e65-and-skylake-graphics-support/)

Now the mic is the only thing thats missing.

Your profile does not have any indication of your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back