Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I request a separate and updated guide exclusively for the skull canyon ?
I'm new to clover and I'm having a hard time following the guide.

Much appreciated.

The process for each is very similar.

The only difference for Skull Canyon:
config_install_nuc6_sc.plist instead of config_install_nuc6.plist
config_nuc6_sc.plist instead of config_nuc6.plist
'make install_sc' instead of 'make install'

Other than that, the process is identical. It is well documented in post #1.

What specifically are you having a "hard time" with?

I've been following this (and the other) thread, and looks like you have instructions not mentioned in post #1.

I haven't actually started the install, as I'm having problems creating the USB installer. All my 8 and 16 GB USB drives are USB 3.0, and my USB 2.0's are small (up to 1GB).
I already downloaded El Capitan using the Lion hackintosh I did about 4 or so yrs ago.

Do I just need to concentrate on what's stated in #1?

I've been following this (and the other) thread, and looks like you have instructions not mentioned in post #1.

Everything required is in post #1.
Development work regarding onboard ALC233 audio is a different matter.

I haven't actually started the install, as I'm having problems creating the USB installer. All my 8 and 16 GB USB drives are USB 3.0, and my USB 2.0's are small (up to 1GB).

A USB3 drive works fine on the NUC6. It will probably work fine in the Skull Canyon too (make sure you try all USB ports).

Do I just need to concentrate on what's stated in #1?

Yes...and if something should be added/clarified, report it here.

Attachments

• Troubleshoot.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Files attached, many thanks for your time.

The monitor is connected via HDMI. The connector is correctly patched for HDMI, which is what I wanted to verify (connector-type <00 08 00 00>).

You might try DP instead.

A display override file (for enabling various HiDPI modes) might help too.

Have ordered a suitable DP cable and will test. Also need to do some background reading on display override files over the weekend. Thanks

Tried to go through the skull canyon part. Displayport and Hdmi seems to work fine at 4K, however, I am getting artifacts when scrolling up/down in finder and artifacts when logging in. I kept my old config.plist since when I replaced your skull canyon version, I could not see any of my drives. I have the nvme driver in my clover kext folder etc as well but the original plist could see the drives fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

I read the previous posts but it is not clear if the audio via hdmi/dp is works or not. In my nuc6i5syh the audio via jack it works but not the audio via hdmi. I remember that when I first try the installation it worked. Do you have any idea?
Moreover, someone could suggest a wifi+BT usb dongle that it is compatible for this nuc under mac (from the bios). Thanks

Nuc 6i5syh
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
El capitan 10.11.5
1,8 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
32 GB 2134 MHz DDR4
Kingston
Part Number: KHX2133C13S416G
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB

Last edited:
I read the previous posts but it is not clear if the audio via hdmi/dp is works or not. In my nuc5i5syh the audio via jack it works but not the audio via hdmi. I remember that when I first try the installation it worked. Do you have any idea?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Also please fill out your profile with hardware details.

Moreover, someone could suggest a wifi+BT usb dongle that it is compatible for this nuc under mac (from the bios). Thanks

USB WiFi not recommended.

Thanks for the suggestion RehabMan! You were right I forgot the hfsplus.efi and now the graphics works like normal. Did you experience any booting issues with the skull canyon? It's a little unpredictable when booting into OSX. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back