Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you altered anything related to sleep? Subsequent to your last update my system wouldn't stay in sleep mode, it would flash the led orange but go straight back to blue (the monitor itself did remain in sleep). ATM it appears to be working correctly - staying in sleep mode until woken up. Will keep an eye on it.

Just for completeness, my sleep problem returned and seems to have been BlueTooth related. Cleared the following settings,

Sys Pref - Sharing: BT "OFF"
Sys Pref - BT - Advanced: Uncheck both Options (Open BT Setup Assistant ....)

And have tested numerous sleep and wake from sleep cycles without further issues. So nothing to do with this build!

Off Topic, but I also experienced Windows 10 not going to sleep at all. Traced this to the IRMTService ("powercfg -requests" or/and "powercfg -energy" both showed this service preventing sleep). Solution is to disable Intel Ready Mode Technology.

Just for completeness, my sleep problem returned and seems to have been BlueTooth related. Cleared the following settings,

Sys Pref - Sharing: BT "OFF"
Sys Pref - BT - Advanced: Uncheck both Options (Open BT Setup Assistant ....)

Note that Sharing BT is default OFF. The setup assistant change is probably only needed if the assistant pops up...

Is it possible to use an usb mouse during clover boot? In my case I can use the usb keyboard but not the usb mouse, even if I plug it into the usb2 port. Any suggestions are welcomed.
I have nuc6i5syh bios 042 and el capitan 10.11.5

SM951 Link speed is 8GT/s

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 1.01.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 1.01.44 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 1.03.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 1.03.25 AM.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 337
I've just upgraded my display to a 4k monitor, ASUS MX27UQ. I've noticed a couple of problems and wonder if there is any way to troubleshoot.
If I manually switch the monitor off/on, the display never properly resumes, it remains blank and I have to restart the NUC. Also wake from sleep is erratic, sometimes resumes correctly other times as above.
The monitor is connected via HDMI port (2.0) as I currently don't have suitable mini DisplayPort adapter. Tried resolutions of 3840x2160, 3200x1800 and 1920x1080. If displayport is likely to be better I can get an adapter.

I've just upgraded my display to a 4k monitor, ASUS MX27UQ. I've noticed a couple of problems and wonder if there is any way to troubleshoot.
If I manually switch the monitor off/on, the display never properly resumes, it remains blank and I have to restart the NUC. Also wake from sleep is erratic, sometimes resumes correctly other times as above.
The monitor is connected via HDMI port (2.0) as I currently don't have suitable mini DisplayPort adapter. Tried resolutions of 3840x2160, 3200x1800 and 1920x1080. If displayport is likely to be better I can get an adapter.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

May I request a separate and updated guide exclusively for the skull canyon ?
I'm new to clover and I'm having a hard time following the guide.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back