Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi @Leesureone , is it safe to update to 13.2.1 from 13.0.1 using your NUC8EFI8.4 or NUC8EFI8.5? I'm running a NUC8i7BEH.
Yes, it should be. If you are feeling more adventurous you can update your EFI folder to a later version of OpenCore using OCAT. I would use a USB drive that works to boot from, then try updating it. There is a nice write up on how to use it by @trs96 here:

Last edited:
Yes, it should be. If you are feeling more adventurous you can update your EFI folder to a later version of OpenCore using OCAT. I would use a USB drive that works to boot from, then try updating it. There is a nice write up on how to use it by @trs96 here:

I'm on 13.2.1, the Bluetooth is having issues, pairing with keyboards. If you are using an existing Bluetooth keyboard, don't "unpair" it. It will not be able to pair again, showing connected but added to "My Devices" and will not work at all.

Pairing to headphones seems alright though

I'm on 13.2.1, the Bluetooth is having issues, pairing with keyboards. If you are using an existing Bluetooth keyboard, don't "unpair" it. It will not be able to pair again, showing connected but added to "My Devices" and will not work at all.

Pairing to headphones seems alright though
Hello @cyben76, are you looking for help on this or just making a statement? It seems unusual one device would work well but not another but even regular Macs have documented issues with bluetooth.

@Leesureone that's my observation after upgrading to 13.2.1. Just giving a heads up to anyone that might be using a Bluetooth keyboard. I have 2 different Bluetooth, one was already paired before the upgrade to 13.2.1, i unpaired it and was unable to pair it again, tried another different keyboard and it was the same. Connecting both keyboards via USB works. My Bluetooth headphones paired with no issues. I'm on 8.5 from page 89

@Leesureone that's my observation after upgrading to 13.2.1. Just giving a heads up to anyone that might be using a Bluetooth keyboard. I have 2 different Bluetooth, one was already paired before the upgrade to 13.2.1, i unpaired it and was unable to pair it again, tried another different keyboard and it was the same. Connecting both keyboards via USB works. My Bluetooth headphones paired with no issues. I'm on 8.5 from page 89
Thanks, I've got my NUC set up and my apple keyboard charging to see if I can replicate the issue and will report back.

I hooked up my Apple Keyboard to my NUC and tried to replicate that behavior. I paired it and left it as is and it's been fine. You may want to try clearing the NVRAM and or seeing if the link below helps (one caveat is I'm not sure some of what they suggest works with Ventura)

Try unpair it and re-pair to see if you can get it to work. I don't have an Apple keyboard. I'm using Keychron K2 and another custom wireless keyboard. Both worked fine before.

As for the guide, Ventura no longer has the debug menu to reset Bluetooth. I've cleared NVRAM many times, always clear 2-3 times after an upgrade.

I've tried other guides as well, like restarting Bluetooth via command line and removing Bluetooth plist, etc... None of them worked.

Try unpair it and re-pair to see if you can get it to work. I don't have an Apple keyboard. I'm using Keychron K2 and another custom wireless keyboard. Both worked fine before.

As for the guide, Ventura no longer has the debug menu to reset Bluetooth. I've cleared NVRAM many times, always clear 2-3 times after an upgrade.

I've tried other guides as well, like restarting Bluetooth via command line and removing Bluetooth plist, etc... None of them worked.
Alright, test completed. On the Bluetooth menu I “disconnected” the apple keyboard, waited a few seconds and then hit connect again and it worked. I repeated the steps above three times and the keyboard connected back up all three times.
Wish I had some suggestions for you besides don’t disconnect your keyboard (weak attempt at a joke there).

Got so frustrated with the issue, i ordered the M2 Mac Mini...

If I remember right there were some Bluetooth firmware updates on intels support site but that was a couple years ago. Didn’t find them when I looked yesterday. Can’t go wrong with the Macmini

Back