Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I now also tried 8.4 and then my nuc keeps restarting at the apple logo and with 8.5 it freezes at the apple logo.
When I copy back my 7.7 efi folder it boots again.

Usually clearing the NVRAM will take care of that. I forget if I added the driver for it and I’m not at home, if I did at the boot screen hit the space bar and scroll to the right. If I did it will show as an option.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I indeed have an option Reset Nvram in 8.4 and 8.5. When I click on it my nuc reboots but still the same issue.
8.4 rebooting. 8.5 freeze. I also have an option toggle SIP, but enabled or disabled also doesn't fix it.

I indeed have an option Reset Nvram in 8.4 and 8.5. When I click on it my nuc reboots but still the same issue.
8.4 rebooting. 8.5 freeze. I also have an option toggle SIP, but enabled or disabled also doesn't fix it.
Can you please edit your serial numbers out of your config.plist and then zip and post your EFI folder and I’ll check it out later

Looks like they deleted your download link as a file sharing issue. Its way to upload here, just click the attach button at the bottom of the post, but you do have to compress it first.

Thanks this is my current efi folder.
The upload is very slow here for me, that's why I uploaded it to a file sharing site.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 48
Thanks this is my current efi folder.
The upload is very slow here for me, that's why I uploaded it to a file sharing site.
Hmmm, please try this version.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 38
Currently running Ventura (latest public beta) under Leesureone's OC 0.8.3 EFI. Did a fresh install to a clean partition, all working well on initial boot. However, have noticed some weird power management issues - since there are a couple of folks here running Ventura thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into these:

1) After waking from sleep a series of apps don't respond and freeze (Safari, App Store). After a clean boot they work normally
2) Sometimes the NUC doesn't enter sleep mode after idle time, and is in a hung state without video output. Needs a hard power reset to come back.

Currently running Ventura (latest public beta) under Leesureone's OC 0.8.3 EFI. Did a fresh install to a clean partition, all working well on initial boot. However, have noticed some weird power management issues - since there are a couple of folks here running Ventura thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into these:

1) After waking from sleep a series of apps don't respond and freeze (Safari, App Store). After a clean boot they work normally
2) Sometimes the NUC doesn't enter sleep mode after idle time, and is in a hung state without video output. Needs a hard power reset to come back.
I'll have to pay more attention to it, I just uploaded 8.4 and 8.5 to page 89 if you are interested. I'd suggest clearing the NVRAM after updating.

Back