Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hello, did anyone try to use Sidecar on a Nuc8i5? So far I do not have the symbol even. I tried the latest EFI folder by @Leesureone but it did not change anything. The "idiots guide to Lilu" is helpful but I might have missed something in my Bios setup aswell. Good to know if someone can use this function. I use OpenCore 7.7 and latest macOS. Perhaps @Leesureone have the answer?
Sidecar works for with my NUC8i5 and an ipad air 3 no problem. I am using zearp's efi, and a BCM94360CS native wifi/bluetooth combo card.

Sidecar works for with my NUC8i5 and an ipad air 3 no problem. I am using zearp's efi, and a BCM94360CS native wifi/bluetooth combo card.
The BCM94360CS is the reason it does for you, without a natively recognized Bluetooth/Wireless cards it's typically a no go.

Last edited:
The BCM94360CS is the reason it does for you, without a natively recognized Bluetooth/Wireless cards it's typically a no go.
Hello, I tried the link you gave me and true, I can share screen with an iPad, but only via cable. So its because I don't use this the BCM94360CS it refuse to connect. But I will try on an other machine that has a native Bluetoothcard and see what's happens.

HELP! Anyone knows what happened to the "post #2" from the guide to install Mojave? I am trying to install it. I have my original UBS to install it but I do not remember what is the procedure once in Clover. I remember I have to change some numbers to "1234567" or something like that and the steps of the screen loading and not freaking about it restarting a few times. I can not find that post. Can someone point me into the right direction. Thanks

HELP! Anyone knows what happened to the "post #2" from the guide to install Mojave? I am trying to install it. I have my original UBS to install it but I do not remember what is the procedure once in Clover. I remember I have to change some numbers to "1234567" or something like that and the steps of the screen loading and not freaking about it restarting a few times. I can not find that post. Can someone point me into the right direction. Thanks
I think you have the wrong thread, is this what you meant? That guide is four years old, guess if it still works for you then keep at it.

It still works! Thanks, mate!

Is jumping from Mojave to Monterey in a NUC8i5BEK really hard? I was able to (and still I'm) install Mojave no problem on it, also updating to Catalina but is there any guide (dumb proof) for jumping to Open Core and installing then Monterey? I have tried looking at p89 but it is only the files, what about the installation process? Thanks. If not, I might need to jump off the boat of Hackintosh.

Is jumping from Mojave to Monterey in a NUC8i5BEK really hard? I was able to (and still I'm) install Mojave no problem on it, also updating to Catalina but is there any guide (dumb proof) for jumping to Open Core and installing then Monterey? I have tried looking at p89 but it is only the files, what about the installation process? Thanks. If not, I might need to jump off the boat of Hackintosh.
Are you using Clover? Dortania in their OpenCore install Guide details how to move from Clover to OpenCore. Do a quick search for it and give it a read.

Back