Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Sorry to be unclear as needed.
now i have windows on M.2 drive, my Hackintosh on external SSD.
Okay, thank you. You probably won't need it if you unhook the external drive with OSX on it but just in case its good to have. See here but skip the BETA part:

The Buyers guide lists a few choices, below is a more extensive list that should be okay according to Acidanthera

Working fine with TRIM:

• Western Digital Blue SN550
  • Western Digital Black SN700
  • Western Digital Black SN720
  • Western Digital Black SN750 (aka SanDisk Extreme PRO)
  • Western Digital Black SN850 (need more tests)
  • Intel 760p (including OEM models, e.g. SSDPEMKF512G8)
  • Crucial P1 1TB NVME (SM2263EN) (need more tests)
Working fine with TRIM (SATA):

• SATA PLEXTOR M5Pro
  • SATA Samsung 850 PRO (need more tests)
  • SATA Samsung 870 EVO (need more tests)
Hey @Leesureone,
Just wanted to give an update on this. I swap out the Samsung 970 EVO NVMe with a Western Digital Black SN750. Now it boots much faster.

Thanks Again

Anyone updated to Monterey 12.1? I would like to know if it's safe or if there are any issues with NUC8i7BEH
Hi, I updated my NUC8i5BEH so not exactly the same as yours. I needed an extra Bluetooth kext and also update the wifi kext to support Monterey. @Leesureone has an excellent post with EFI folders on page 89, have a look there. For me it worked perfect, also Bluetooth works great for my headphone. I use OC 7.5 so far.

Hi, I updated my NUC8i5BEH so not exactly the same as yours. I needed an extra Bluetooth kext and also update the wifi kext to support Monterey. @Leesureone has an excellent post with EFI folders on page 89, have a look there. For me it worked perfect, also Bluetooth works great for my headphone. I use OC 7.5 so far.

Hey Thanks. I am using the OC 7.6 from 89 and it is working well for me with bluetooth and wifi. I've been experiencing sound issues but not sure why (sound issue exists with 7.4 too). I'll give the update a try.

I'm current on OC 0.7.6 with Monterey 12.1. I need some help getting HDMI audio working out of my NUC7i5BNK. I suspect the AAPL,ig-platform-id is all wrong as well as FrameBuffer settings. I haven't found the correct settings for this NUC so I'm unsure what values to set. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 8.54.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 8.54.00 PM.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 40
I'm current on OC 0.7.6 with Monterey 12.1. I need some help getting HDMI audio working out of my NUC7i5BNK. I suspect the AAPL,ig-platform-id is all wrong as well as FrameBuffer settings. I haven't found the correct settings for this NUC so I'm unsure what values to set. Can anyone help?
And you are running the latest version of AppleALC.kext?

BTW, the EFI folder I'm running was not from this forum. I got it from elsewhere. Is there a recommended one from this thread for this particular NUC (NUC7i5BNK)?

Back