Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

OK, forgive my ignorance, I am trying to wrap my head around this. I have a NUC that I set up ages ago but I need to rebuild it and I can see from posts from @Leesureone that I should use the OC 7.5 files he posted to page 89 of this thread (already downloaded). What is not clear to me is whether I just step through the original setup guide on page 1, substituting OC for Clover, or if there is a more up to date starting point. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you very very much @Leesureone for you help and support!
I just want to clarify - If I'm using "NUC8i7OC7.5 w/BTEFI" - itlwm is not working and I cannot use WIFI?

Thank you!
I’m on my phone but if I remember correctly I added the airport kext instead and with it Wi-Fi works fine, either will work though.

OK, forgive my ignorance, I am trying to wrap my head around this. I have a NUC that I set up ages ago but I need to rebuild it and I can see from posts from @Leesureone that I should use the OC 7.5 files he posted to page 89 of this thread (already downloaded). What is not clear to me is whether I just step through the original setup guide on page 1, substituting OC for Clover, or if there is a more up to date starting point. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I use an existing Mac to download the install package and then in terminal use the “create media” command to create a bootable flash drive. Once that’s done I mount the EFI partition on the flash drive and copy my EFI folder over to it. If none of that makes sense to you Dortania suggests this:

I use an existing Mac to download the install package and then in terminal use the “create media” command to create a bootable flash drive. Once that’s done I mount the EFI partition on the flash drive and copy my EFI folder over to it. If none of that makes sense to you Dortania suggests this:
@Leesureone you are a gentleman and a scholar!!!! Thank you!!!

I’m on my phone but if I remember correctly I added the airport kext instead and with it Wi-Fi works fine, either will work though.

You are right, I tried to use HeliPort, but now I see we don't need it anymore.
Thank you!

update OC 7.5 working ok.
no more lockups ( I saw you got rid of FakePCIID.kext ).
slow boot 1 mn 13 s was faster before Monterey.
Wifi and bluetooth hardware are broken in my NUC can not test them.
I reply to myself
i have changes my HD from Samsung 960 evo NVME to WD black SN750 NVME and fresh install of Monterey.
Before : boot time 1mn 13s
Now : 26 s
Don't know if the reason is the fresh install of Monterey or hard disk change??

I reply to myself
i have changes my HD from Samsung 960 evo NVME to WD black SN750 NVME and fresh install of Monterey.
I don't think a fresh install makes a lot of difference in boot times unless you load the OS up with a bunch of programs or utilities that load at start up later. How old was the Evo 960?

I reply to myself
would guess it is the HD change. 960 is also in the hall of fame https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker/issues/192

My 970 did not have issues with 10.15, now with 10.16 it is slow as well, despite SetApfsTrimTimeout 999.
Using Filevault as well (was there before the upgrade too)

I don't think a fresh install makes a lot of difference in boot times unless you load the OS up with a bunch of programs or utilities that load at start up later. How old was the Evo 960?
Hi,
I bought my 960 evo in October 2017 ( 4 years ).
Maybe it was slowly dying, I use it now with a small USB external case.

Attachments

• IMG_20211110_113527.jpg
    IMG_20211110_113527.jpg
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 39
Back