Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Oh nevermind. What i did use from your EFI was only kext like BlueToolFixup and IntelBluetoothFirmware that's all then i did edit the layout then it work
I think I did the same, using from the kext @wern EFI

I think I did the same, using from the kext @wern EFI
Okay, I changed the version of the BlueToolFixUp.kext and now Bluetooth seems to work, thanks for working on it. I updated the post on page 89 with the new file

Okay, I changed the version of the BlueToolFixUp.kext and now Bluetooth seems to work, thanks for working on it. I updated the post on page 89 with the new file
so don't need to change the layout-id? Also which one is the updated one?

so don't need to change the layout-id? Also which one is the updated one?
I didn’t have too, no. I used the version, whatever one it is, that was in your and Wern’s EFI folders. Its not the latest version you can download from Acidanthera though. I had the latest version in my EFI which of course didn’t work. Layout ID 8 breaks sound for me so that was never really a good option, at least for my NUC.

I didn’t have too, no. I used the version, whatever one it is, that was in your and Wern’s EFI folders. Its not the latest version you can download from Acidanthera though. I had the latest version in my EFI which of course didn’t work. Layout ID 8 breaks sound for me so that was never really a good option, at least for my NUC.
Ok, I'll try it out. I don't use the front jack, but one day I might need it. So the updated one is NUC8i7OC7.4 w/BT EFI?

Ok, I'll try it out. I don't use the front jack, but one day I might need it. So the updated one is NUC8i7OC7.4 w/BT EFI?
Yes

Attachments

• CleanShot 2021-10-30 at 21.33.53.png
    CleanShot 2021-10-30 at 21.33.53.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 48

Attachments

• CleanShot 2021-10-30 at 22.49.33.png
    CleanShot 2021-10-30 at 22.49.33.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 40
Hello,

been inactive and stuck with OC 6, haven't ready this thread for almost a year (got into FPV Drones, haven't stopped flying and building since early this year)

Is Wifi and BT now working seamlessly on the NUC8? I have a wifi/BT card on the NVMe slot, works perfectly, wondering if its worth using the NUC 8 wifi instead.

Also, any recs on how to upgrade OC 6 to 7? my OC 6.0 is perfect, everything works flawlessly. I tried fresh install of Monterrey on OC 6, but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Back