Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hey guys, I have a simple question...
I have a NUC8 i5 and it runs BigSur flawlessly with OC 7.1...I love this little machine!
Now I need an installation of 10.11.6 (El Capitan) or 10.13.6 (High Sierra) for editing an older project. I want to install this on another SSD.
Do I have any chance to get it to work? Are the chances better using an older OC Version?
What do I have to do to get 'El Capitan' or 'High Sierra' to work? Please help...Thanks a lot...

Hey guys, I have a simple question...
I have a NUC8 i5 and it runs BigSur flawlessly with OC 7.1...I love this little machine!
Now I need an installation of 10.11.6 (El Capitan) or 10.13.6 (High Sierra) for editing an older project. I want to install this on another SSD.
Do I have any chance to get it to work? Are the chances better using an older OC Version?
What do I have to do to get 'El Capitan' or 'High Sierra' to work? Please help...Thanks a lot...
I would avoid trying to get El Capitan to install, it don’t think will support your processor without spoofing. High Sierra on the other hand should work, see the attached post regarding it and 8th gen processors compatibility.
An earlier version of OpenCore will not make a difference and provide no benefit.

Hi Leesureone,
thank you very much for your fast reply...
That means running High Sierra with the current OC Version will work?
That would be awsome!

Hi Leesureone,
thank you very much for your fast reply...
That means running High Sierra with the current OC Version will work?
That would be awsome!
I’ve never tried it but from what I understand it should.

No idea why either
happens when a user gets deleted, which includes all posts he made, so the thread becomes shorter.

BTT - any plans on NUC8i7OC7.4 download on pg. 89 ?

happens when a user gets deleted, which includes all posts he made, so the thread becomes shorter.

BTT - any plans on NUC8i7OC7.4 download on pg. 89 ?
Thanks, I'm sure something like that happened. Meanwhile I'm waiting until .75 to update.

hi, i have tried update to Monterey from OC 0.7.3 and failed.
Maybe need OC 0.7.4?

hi, i have tried update to Monterey from OC 0.7.3 and failed.
Maybe need OC 0.7.4?
What we know about 12.0.1 so far...
  • macOS Build 21A559
  • Release version is macOS Monterey 12.0.1
  • Install macOS Monterey Application size: 12.13 GB
  • Graphics drivers update
    • First version of macOS without NVIDIA graphics support...
  • Updated bootloader required for installation. Update to latest OpenCore (0.7.4+) or Clover (r5141+) release
  • Updated AppleALC, Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen may be required.
  • New system definition (SMBIOS) requirements
    • Official list of acceptable Mac system definitions here.
  • Make sure the software you use has been updated with macOS Monterey compatibility before updating.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Back