Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

@Leesureone

I've found a hardware workaround. Nuc8I7, OC6.8 and a HDMI to VGA converter (but not connected to a display). The NUC boots correctly and can be controlled through screen sharing without the NUC itself being connected to keyboard, mouse or display. My problem solved, thank you again for the much appreciated EFI's and advice!

edit : spelling

Last edited:
@kaemale the kext works but not very well. Caveats I found:

- If you boot with an SD card inserted macOS will kernel panic
- Read/write speeds are pretty slow (writes for me were around 10MB/sec or less). For my use case performance wasn't good enough

I don't bother with this kext and use Windows to write to SD cards instead. USB based card readers are another good option.

Hi @spottsy so were you able to get macOS Big Sur working on your Intel NUC Bean Canyon? I have the same Intel NUC and I am looking at turning that into a Hackintosh too.

I tried going through the last 2-3 pages of this thread but I can't find anywhere where you specified what you used for a fresh install.

Could you please point me in the right direction if I wanted to get a fresh install of macOS Big Sur?
I don't need to dual boot with Windows but if that's necessary, I can do that too.

Thank you.

Hi @spottsy so were you able to get macOS Big Sur working on your Intel NUC Bean Canyon? I have the same Intel NUC and I am looking at turning that into a Hackintosh too.

I tried going through the last 2-3 pages of this thread but I can't find anywhere where you specified what you used for a fresh install.

Could you please point me in the right direction if I wanted to get a fresh install of macOS Big Sur?
I don't need to dual boot with Windows but if that's necessary, I can do that too.

Thank you.
See page 90 of this thread for more information as well as here #4,094

Hello is there a bootpack for NUC7i5Bxx ? Thx !

Hello is there a bootpack for NUC7i5Bxx ? Thx !
Hello, I got rid of my NUC7 awhile ago but I have this older version of OpenCore 5.9 that will boot Catalina, its untested on Big Sur and more than likely will not work because of changes to the OS. You would need to update the boot loader, config.plist and kexts for that, you can follow this guide for Kaby Lake if interested using my upload as a template (Baby Canyon 7th Generation Processor). Make sure you copy over any kernel or ACPI patches in the config.plist.

Attachments

• NUC7EFIOC5.9.zip
    66.8 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back