Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

yeah sorry I mean boot text menu
No idea though why your mouse or keyboard would be effected unless your USB ports you are using aren't mapped correctly.

No idea though why your mouse or keyboard would be effected unless your USB ports you are using aren't mapped correctly.
Yeah it's weird in previous version it was ok. For example keyboard. When I press right button it jump in to end I can't select middle icons. So If I don't fix that I will use boot text menu. Btw thank you :)

Yeah it's weird in previous version it was ok. For example keyboard. When I press right button it jump in to end I can't select middle icons. So If I don't fix that I will use boot text menu. Btw thank you :)
Okay, now I understand the issues you are having, it’s only at the GUI boot menu. Out of curiosity did you try resetting the NVRAM?

Okay, now I understand the issues you are having, it’s only at the GUI boot menu. Out of curiosity did you try resetting the NVRAM?
Yeah I did reset NVRAM but it's still same...

Heads up, AirportItlwm.kext 1.3.0 has been released. I did a comparison with 1.2.0 and see significant speed increases.

Before: 55mbps/10.2 up
After: 219.22 mbps/10.72 up

Booted under Windows and/or using ethernet on macOS, I get 235 down and the same up, so very close.

The main difference is that AirportItlwm is still limited to wireless N mode (300Mbps max) and the Windows driver supports AC (780/866 Mbps rx/tx were the numbers reported in Windows).

No changes/improvements with airdrop / connecting to hotspots.

Edit: add url: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/tag/v1.3.0

@markfultonncl sorry for stupid questions. How do I update the AirportItlwm to the new 1.3.0 version?
Same as any kext, download it and add it to the kext folder making sure it’s called for in the kernel/ add section of your config.plist assuming you are using OpenCore.
Edit: I’m pretty sure I have an older version version of it in on page 90 of this thread in the 6.8 version. You would only need to replace the kext with the newer version. By itself your wireless work, there is additional configuration needed, that or also download the Heliport App.

Last edited:
@markfultonncl sorry for stupid questions. How do I update the AirportItlwm to the new 1.3.0 version?

Like Leesureone mentioned if you're already using an older version of AirportItlwm (referenced in your config.plist), just overwrite the kext with the new one in your EFI/OC/kexts folder and reboot.

The good news is that based on GitHub commits it looks like the next version (2.0) will have AC support, so this will further close the gap on connection speeds compared to official drivers for other OS.

11ac and 11ax implemented.

Now fingers crossed they can do more for continuity/handoff features as well and this will negate the need for Broadcom nvme cards.

Back