Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

So I have my Nuc8i5 up and running, serial number done and logged into the app store, but I can't download from the app store? I also have trouble with my audio, as far as page 90 said it won't work on Catalina, any update on that?

So I have my Nuc8i5 up and running, serial number done and logged into the app store, but I can't download from the app store? I also have trouble with my audio, as far as page 90 said it won't work on Catalina, any update on that?
Do you have an Apple account and are you signed into it properly? If not then that is the issue. Here is a link that will help trouble shoot iservices:

Here's a link that discusses audio and how to trouble shoot it.

So I have my Nuc8i5 up and running, serial number done and logged into the app store, but I can't download from the app store? I also have trouble with my audio, as far as

90 said it won't work on Catalina, any update on that?
You can also try Hackintool to change the audio device properties.

Updated to 11.2.1 straight from the AppStore, no changes needed and works flawlessly. Thanks Leesureone for the EFI folder :D

I have, I believe most of us with the i7 have. EFI folders on page 90 of this thread but if your drive isn't set up properly or if there are remnants of clover on your system then you will have problems.
I have looked over the linked Dortania and it looks like a lot of details which may make it a troublesome way to go. I can do a new build...
1.---- Is it easier to build a new SSD with a clean install of O.C. 6.6 on it and then port docs (Migrate) etc over to the new OC drive?
2.------ If so which is the best Install Instructions to use?
3.------ I am working on the USB ports using Hackintool and hope to do it right this time. I suspect the USBports file will work with the new OC install.?

I have looked over the linked Dortania and it looks like a lot of details which may make it a troublesome way to go. I can do a new build...
1.---- Is it easier to build a new SSD with a clean install of O.C. 6.6 on it and then port docs (Migrate) etc over to the new OC drive?
2.------ If so which is the best Install Instructions to use?
3.------ I am working on the USB ports using Hackintool and hope to do it right this time. I suspect the USBports file will work with the new OC install.?
1. That's easy enough, back up first, then build your USB Bootable drive.
2. I use the Apple "Create Media" method but that requires a working Mac that has downloaded the OS install software. The I use EFI Agent to (you can use other utilities or terminal commands) mount the USB drives EFI partition and copy and paste my EFI folder onto it. Reboot and install. Once complete do the same thing and mount the Hard Drive EFI partition and copy over the same EFI folder. Then use the program GENSYMBIOS to update serial numbers.
3. Maybe, if its done correctly. Just follow the guide

I have, I believe most of us with the i7 have. EFI folders on page 90 of this thread but if your drive isn't set up properly or if there are remnants of clover on your system then you will have problems.
1.---- I seem to have a new problem. The NUC went to sleep and locked up. I can't get the Nvme or USB/SSD to boot. I tried a Cat Install usb to boot it but that did not work. I will try to do a repair recovery next then do a back up of the two drives.
2.------ If so which is the best Install Instructions to use? I am on my MacMini so I will try to download a fresh copy of Catalina. I tried to get it a couple days ago and could not find it. Apple seems to have changed the App Store. I did not see any of the OSes that I have downloaded listed. Are you aware of a changed.
3.------ Which page is the correct Guide on? Dortania looked like an upgrade of Clover and I am thinking I should give up on Clover. I can do the install on a clean formatted drive.

Last edited:
1.---- I seem to have a new problem. The NUC went to sleep and locked up. I can't get the Nvme or USB/SSD to boot. I tried a Cat Install usb to boot it but that did not work. I will try to do a repair recovery next then do a back up of the two drives.
2.------ If so which is the best Install Instructions to use? I am on my MacMini so I will try to download a fresh copy of Catalina. I tried to get it a couple days ago and could not find it. Apple seems to have changed the App Store. I did not see any of the OSes that I have downloaded listed. Are you aware of a changed.
3.------ Which page is the correct Guide on? Dortania looked like an upgrade of Clover and I am thinking I should give up on Clover. I can do the install on a clean formatted drive.
Leesureone: Update on my last post. I formatted a new drive with APFS - GUID. I created a thumb drive to install Big Sur. I put O.C.6.6.2 in the TD EFI folder. Booted NUC8i7BEH with TD chose Install Big Sur when OC came up with the Drive Selection screen. With a couple boots I had my Catalina OS installed. No.... that was not a typo or confusion. It gave me the option of Catalina so I installed CAT, which is what I wanted rather than Big Sur. The install has BT, NIC, and Hopefully all USB ports are working as intended. I will be finishing it up and testing. It is finally looking good again. I made a couple mistakes and there were a hiccup or two (NUC locked up), but I found it was relatively easy to do it that way. I only need to know if migrating my other drive will mess things up or should I install all programs newly and only copy over docs?

Leesureone: Update on my last post. I formatted a new drive with APFS - GUID. I created a thumb drive to install Big Sur. I put O.C.6.6.2 in the TD EFI folder. Booted NUC8i7BEH with TD chose Install Big Sur when OC came up with the Drive Selection screen. With a couple boots I had my Catalina OS installed. No.... that was not a typo or confusion. It gave me the option of Catalina so I installed CAT, which is what I wanted rather than Big Sur. The install has BT, NIC, and Hopefully all USB ports are working as intended. I will be finishing it up and testing. It is finally looking good again. I made a couple mistakes and there were a hiccup or two (NUC locked up), but I found it was relatively easy to do it that way. I only need to know if migrating my other drive will mess things up or should I install all programs newly and only copy over docs?
Great. If its not too much hassle I would start fresh, you can restore from time machine but there are caveats (which I forget, some stuff should not be restored)

Back