Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi, I have some problems with sleep after update to 11.2. It wakes up after a few minutes. Update with OC 0.6.4 went smooth and ALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen was also upgraded to latest version. I tried update bios to latest version 87, and that did not help.
Earlier on 11.1 I had the problem that it went to sleep but many times could not wake the screen again.
Maybe try OC 0.6.6?

Hi, I have some problems with sleep after update to 11.2. It wakes up after a few minutes. Update with OC 0.6.4 went smooth and ALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen was also upgraded to latest version. I tried update bios to latest version 87, and that did not help.
Earlier on 11.1 I had the problem that it went to sleep but many times could not wake the screen again.
Maybe try OC 0.6.6?
Sleep/ Wake issues are almost always related to improper USB port configuration. Also the version of OpenCore typically makes no difference if you don't have your USB ports properly mapped. Same with bios versions. Sleep issues can also be software or USB hardware related as well, do your best to eliminate any of those potential problems first and see if the behavior repeats itself.

Beyond that its known that the NUC8i7, i5 and i3 models can vary in how ports need to be mapped. My suggestion is you follow this guide and see if it helps, it should.

Last edited:
Thanks Leesureone! You are right, I forgot that I changed my usb audio-dac. It looks as if it does not understand the sleep process and starts itself again after a while. Its a Topping e-30, sounds very good, so I shall solve this somehow.

Hi @Leesureone,

I'm new here, I'm currently using NUCi5BEH Mojave, which I installed before.

My question is,
How can I upgrade to Big Sur and I want to use Bluetooth. Already got Bcm94360Cs2 installed but only wifi works Bluetooth not working.

Do I need to migrate to Opencore?

I did the Hackintosh long time ago, now completely forgot what I learned before.

I saw that you said that just use USB to test out the latest Opencore files, I did everything you said, and I got boot up and everything working (except the Bluetooth not working, same as before). But I'm not sure it boots up using Opencore or what, no familiar with Opencore (attached a bootup image using the USB with EFINUC8i7 OC6.6 this file.)

I also tried to mount EFI and copy EFINUC8i7 OC6.6 to my hard drive, but it didn't boot up.

I'm completely lost, any advice, please?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Photo 09-02-2021, 3 17 08 AM.jpg
    Photo 09-02-2021, 3 17 08 AM.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Hi @Leesureone,

I'm new here, I'm currently using NUCi5BEH Mojave, which I installed before.

My question is,
How can I upgrade to Big Sur and I want to use Bluetooth. Already got Bcm94360Cs2 installed but only wifi works Bluetooth not working.
Please elaborate how you have the BCM94360CS2 installed? I assume you are using an adapter to the M2 slot that requires an internal USB connection as well as antennas. If that's so are you sure you have the USB cable you probably had to make correct? You have the antennas connected correctly?

We also know from past postings here that the adapter USB connection to the header is not mapped in any of the EFI folders I posted. If all the above is correct you will need to custom map your USB ports for it to work. See this guide here for how:
Do I need to migrate to Opencore?
No, but you can using the EFI folder you are using on your USB drive
I did the Hackintosh long time ago, now completely forgot what I learned before.

I saw that you said that just use USB to test out the latest Opencore files, I did everything you said, and I got boot up and everything working (except the Bluetooth not working, same as before). But I'm not sure it boots up using Opencore or what, no familiar with Opencore (attached a bootup image using the USB with EFINUC8i7 OC6.6 this file.)
Yes, that is the OpenCanopy Boot menu for OpenCore
I also tried to mount EFI and copy EFINUC8i7 OC6.6 to my hard drive, but it didn't boot up.
Do you know how to mount the hidden EFI partition on your hard drive? There are utilities like EFI Agent that will do it without terminal commands. Once you mount the EFI partition copy and paste my EFI folder there.
I'm completely lost, any advice, please?

Thank you.
Are you aware that in the EFI folder you downloaded it enables the onboard intel bluetooth module? If you are going to use an add in card make sure the intel card is turned off in the bios and remove the IntelFirmware.Kext from the config.plist to avoid conflicts.

Last edited:
@Leesureone

Please elaborate how you have the BCM94360CS2 installed? I assume you are using an adapter to the M2 slot that requires an internal USB connection as well as antennas. If that's so are you sure you have the USB cable you probably had to make correct? You have the antennas connected correctly?

We also know from past postings here that the adapter USB connection to the header is not mapped in any of the EFI folders I posted. If all the above is correct you will need to custom map your USB ports for it to work. See this guide here for how:

Yes, I've attached a photo for my BCM94360CS2, I've checked with other people Nuc8, and I think my antenna was wrong so I swap it, but it still not working.

Are you aware that in the EFI folder you downloaded it enables the onboard intel bluetooth module? If you are going to use an add in card make sure the intel card is turned off in the bios and remove the IntelFirmware.Kext from the config.plist to avoid conflicts.

I tried to turn off the onboard Bluetooth, but when I start my computer, the Bluetooth icon is totally gone, looks like not detected.

When I turn on, I used the Hackintool checked, it show like IOUSBHostDevice only, No Bluetooth detected.

Also, I can't find the IntelFirmware.Kext name in my config.plist.
Do you know how to mount the hidden EFI partition on your hard drive? There are utilities like EFI Agent that will do it without terminal commands. Once you mount the EFI partition copy and paste my EFI folder there.

Yes, open up the clover configurator -> mount EFI -> Mount Partition. Am I right?

Copy paste means to replace everything inside my EFI? or merge it? My clover folder still remain or delete?

Thank you

Attachments

• Photo 09-02-2021, 6 34 39 PM.jpg
    Photo 09-02-2021, 6 34 39 PM.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 1.49.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 1.49.30 AM.png
    108 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 2.00.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 2.00.34 AM.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 72
I don't think it makes a difference if you reverse the connectors on the antenna. If you didn't get the wiring right on the USB cable thats no good and has messed up some other users in this thread.
When you turn off the internal intel card in the bios that's why you can't see the bluetooth icon anymore. To work your wireless card adapter needs a functioning, properly mapped USB port which you do not currently have ( if you are using my EFI folder). Keep the internal card off, make sure the cable is fabricated correctly and then follow the thread I sent to find and map the internal USB header. Then it should work.
Clover Configurator for OpenCore? If that's all you know and only use that function in it, guess it should work but that's scary.
If you have remnants if Clover on your system, either in the EFI folder or within the OS itself, they need to be removed.
Search for Dortania Migrating from Clover for more specific information on how to do that. Tbe old can conflict with the new bootloader otherwise.

I don't think it makes a difference if you reverse the connectors on the antenna. If you didn't get the wiring right on the USB cable thats no good and has messed up some other users in this thread.
When you turn off the internal intel card in the bios that's why you can't see the bluetooth icon anymore. To work your wireless card adapter needs a functioning, properly mapped USB port which you do not currently have ( if you are using my EFI folder). Keep the internal card off, make sure the cable is fabricated correctly and then follow the thread I sent to find and map the internal USB header. Then it should work.
Clover Configurator for OpenCore? If that's all you know and only use that function in it, guess it should work but that's scary.
If you have remnants if Clover on your system, either in the EFI folder or within the OS itself, they need to be removed.
Search for Dortania Migrating from Clover for more specific information on how to do that. Tbe old can conflict with the new bootloader otherwise.
I tried to boot my Clover CAT install with a usb drive with OC6.6 as the EFI and it did not work. I take it that I need to do a complete new thumb drive with CAT and OC6.6 on it then build a drive with that. Changing the EFI folder seems to mess up my boot drive. I had a hard time getting it to boot after my attempt to test the OC6.6 Boot off of the boot usb drive. Has anyone succeeded at doing the USB ports for the NUC8i7BEH yet? I see there are lots of people looking for a USB fix that works. Mine didn't, so I am still trying to get the NUC working correctly.

I tried to boot my Clover CAT install with a usb drive with OC6.6 as the EFI and it did not work. I take it that I need to do a complete new thumb drive with CAT and OC6.6 on it then build a drive with that. Has anyone succeeded at doing the USB ports for the NUC8i7BEH yet? I see there are lots of people looking for a USB fix that works. Mine didn't, so I am still trying to get the NUC working correctly.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

I tried to boot my Clover CAT install with a usb drive with OC6.6 as the EFI and it did not work. I take it that I need to do a complete new thumb drive with CAT and OC6.6 on it then build a drive with that. Has anyone succeeded at doing the USB ports for the NUC8i7BEH yet? I see there are lots of people looking for a USB fix that works. Mine didn't, so I am still trying to get the NUC working correctly.
I have, I believe most of us with the i7 have. EFI folders on page 90 of this thread but if your drive isn't set up properly or if there are remnants of clover on your system then you will have problems.

Last edited:
Back