Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

unfortunately i bought this and i cannot return it.
Do you think there is no chance to use it?
NVME Firmware Update? or NUC10 Bios Update?

my problem is that NUC10 not detecting this M.2 SSD
If you cannot see the drive in the BIOS setup screen then the likelihood is that it is either incompatible or defective.

Thank you for your answers.
but my current problem is that it doesn't see the device in NUC10 Bios

how do i fix this situation?
Why do you care if it will cause system crashes. There are posts where users had Windows on that drive and it still caused OSX to crash. If you are planning on just installing windows it should see the drive, if not use the Windows boot drive but change to the trouble shooting menu and from a command prompt run DISKPART. SELECT DISK, then CLEAN. If you can’t see the drive it maybe defective.

If you cannot see the drive in the BIOS setup screen then the likelihood is that it is either incompatible or defective.
I know it's not damaged because it works on other devices. But if it's incompatible I don't know

unfortunately i bought this and i cannot return it.
Do you think there is no chance to use it?
NVME Firmware Update? or NUC10 Bios Update?
No, not possible. Do you also realize the NUC10 i7 requires CPU emulation to work? You have to spoof OSX to see it as a Coffee Lake processor and graphics performance suffers. The NUC8 model posts better benchmarks then the 10. No fix for that either.

PC nuc8I5BEH
Macos 10.14.6
bluetooth dongle : TP-Link UB400 Bluetooth USB

hello everybody,
Since May 2020, everything was working perfectly, but since a few days I have had the following problem:
after a stop or a standby my Magic keyboard 1 bluetooth is no longer recognised automatically whereas the Magic Keypad works perfectly and is recognised directly.
I have to press and hold down the button on the keypad each time, then when macos asks for it, enter a new code.
I tried to remove the keyboard and reinstall it with no result,
Do you have an idea ?
Thank you for your help.

PC nuc8I5BEH
Macos 10.14.6
bluetooth dongle : TP-Link UB400 Bluetooth USB

hello everybody,
Since May 2020, everything was working perfectly, but since a few days I have had the following problem:
after a stop or a standby my Magic keyboard 1 bluetooth is no longer recognised automatically whereas the Magic Keypad works perfectly and is recognised directly.
I have to press and hold down the button on the keypad each time, then when macos asks for it, enter a new code.
I tried to remove the keyboard and reinstall it with no result,
Do you have an idea ?
Thank you for your help.
Mac OS occasionally has problems with Bluetooth. Search for how to enter Debug mode in Bluetooth. You hold down shift and the option keys and then click the bluetooth icon in the top right corner. More options are available and that's worked for me before.

Did you know with the latest EFI folders on page 90 the internal intel bluetooth is enabled?

Mac OS occasionally has problems with Bluetooth. Search for how to enter Debug mode in Bluetooth. You hold down shift and the option keys and then click the bluetooth icon in the top right corner. More options are available and that's worked for me before.

Did you know with the latest EFI folders on page 90 the internal intel bluetooth is enabled?
Thank you very much for this quick answer, I will test the latest EFI as indicated.

Thanks so much for all the super helpful advice @Leesureone ! What a boon you've been!

I've got a question for you (or anyone else) -- I got a warranty replacement because of a defective fan on my NUC 8. I get an error when it tries to boot clover (was working on OC migration when fan issue stopped me) that says something like "Security error: cannot boot on this device". That's not verbatim, but the gist of the message.

It will then boot to the Windows drive and work just fine.

So my question is this: Is there a way to get around this, or do I need to start over with a fresh install disk?'

Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the super helpful advice @Leesureone ! What a boon you've been!

I've got a question for you (or anyone else) -- I got a warranty replacement because of a defective fan on my NUC 8. I get an error when it tries to boot clover (was working on OC migration when fan issue stopped me) that says something like "Security error: cannot boot on this device". That's not verbatim, but the gist of the message.

It will then boot to the Windows drive and work just fine.

So my question is this: Is there a way to get around this, or do I need to start over with a fresh install disk?'

Thanks!
Appreciate the good words, I am not familiar with that error message. Did you turn off secure boot in the bios? Wondering if that is the cause.

Back