Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I have an i7 and i had an issue that might be related. @Leesureone told my I needed to reconfigure my USB ports, but I couldn't get it working quite right. Anyway, here's what I figured out:

If I start up with the BT card in the usb, it won't work. I need to get the port to read a USB 2.0 flash drive (a 3.0 won't work) first. Then I eject the flash drive and attach the BT card, and all works just fine.
You seem to have a similar but unrelated issue using an add on USB Bluetooth adapter, the EFI Folders I posted use the onboard Intel Wireless/Bluetooth card.

So onboard intel Bluetooth works as configured using the included IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, no additional kexts should be added. If it isn’t working for you the I do believe it’s related to your USB Port configuration. Remove all the kexts you added being they are for aftermarket add on wireless/bluetooth cards that you do not have.

Then try turning on XhciPortLimit in Kernel/Quirks and turning on USBInjectAll.kext and turn off USBPorts.kext in the config.plist kernel/ add section and see if that helps.

I did what you told me and it works perfectly ! Bluetooth is now working using the broadcom card !

Thank you a lot for the support AND the work you did ! It makes hackintosh a lot easier ;)

Even though I don't always follow my own advice its best to have a backup of whatever you can't afford to lose before you do anything like a major update. That and make sure you have a bootable USB Drive you know will work to start your system and allow access to your desktop and files.

If you are using Clover now and want to move to Big Sur then I would create a bootable USB Drive using the latest OpenCore EFI folder on page 90. Its as easy as formatting the USB drive Mac OS with a GUID Boot partition in disk utility, then once done mounting the hidden EFI partition and copying over my EFI folder to it. If it boots and everything works you can then go the next step and copy the same folder over to the EFI partition on your hard drive. That's it, you'd be ready for any OS update you can download from Apple.
I'm trying to do the migration over to OC and then upgrade to Big Sur.

I created the OC USB Drive, and I can get into the bootloader and see my drives. Windows boots up fine, but when I select the Mac OS drive, the screen blinks black for a second and then I get the OC screen again. Any ideas what the hold up might be or where I should start looking?

I'm trying to do the migration over to OC and then upgrade to Big Sur.

I created the OC USB Drive, and I can get into the bootloader and see my drives. Windows boots up fine, but when I select the Mac OS drive, the screen blinks black for a second and then I get the OC screen again. Any ideas what the hold up might be or where I should start looking?
Is Clover still installed on the hard drive? That could be it or there could be remnants left over in the OS from Clover that need to be removed. There is information about that in the Dortania Install guide in the migrating from Clover. Search Github for this:

Converting from Clover to OpenCore​

Last edited:
Hello,
For my intel NUC10 device,
I purchased a Samsung 256GB NVME PM981A(Samsung MZVLB256HBHQ-000L7 FW: 4M2QEXH7) device.
my problem is that NUC10 not detecting this M.2 SSD

Bios
M.2 Slot "not installed"
M.2 Slot Vendor ID : Device ID "FFFF:FFFF"

What is your solution suggestion?

Hello,
For my intel NUC10 device,
I purchased a Samsung 256GB NVME PM981A(Samsung MZVLB256HBHQ-000L7 FW: 4M2QEXH7) device.
my problem is that NUC10 not detecting this M.2 SSD

Bios
M.2 Slot "not installed"
M.2 Slot Vendor ID : Device ID "FFFF:FFFF"

What is your solution suggestion?
I can't find a specific post now but I swear that drive is flagged as incompatible with OSX or OSXI. There are several threads here where it is mentioned as the cause of fail to boot or frequent system crashes. I didn't get far enough in any of them to see if someone found a fix but after five pages in one thread I checked the buyers guide and its not listed. I would return it or buy a different drive unless you you do better with search results than I did.

I can't find a specific post now but I swear that drive is flagged as incompatible with OSX or OSXI. There are several threads here where it is mentioned as the cause of fail to boot or frequent system crashes. I didn't get far enough in any of them to see if someone found a fix but after five pages in one thread I checked the buyers guide and its not listed. I would return it or buy a different drive unless you you do better with search results than I did.
See: https://dortania.github.io/Anti-Hackintosh-Buyers-Guide/Storage.html

Samsung PM981 and PM991(commonly found in OEM systems like laptops)
  • Even if PM981 has been fixed with NVMeFix
version 1.0.2 there is still plenty of kernel panics issues

Attachments

• m2ssd_prblem.JPG
    m2ssd_prblem.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 51
Back