Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Really I have not download button and I'm in linux right now

Really I have not download button and I'm in linux right now
then obviously you won't see it as you won't have access to the appstore.....

Not really. Back up your data. Use of make a USB Boot disk, Mount the hidden EFI Partition on it and copy and paste my EFI folder there. Boot of it and if it works then you are good and can update the serial numbers using a .plist editor or take your chances and use OpenCore Configurator. The last step is copying the finished EFI folder over to your hard drive.

Thank you @Leesureone !! the transition to OC was very smooth!

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 2.47.15 PM.png

Not really. Back up your data. Use of make a USB Boot disk, Mount the hidden EFI Partition on it and copy and paste my EFI folder there. Boot of it and if it works then you are good and can update the serial numbers using a .plist editor or take your chances and use OpenCore Configurator. The last step is copying the finished EFI folder over to your hard drive.
What is the advice on using the same serial / board number when upgrading? Since I'll be using the same AppleID is this recommended/allowed?

Lol I never wait so long

Attachments

• IMG_20201115_114128.jpg
    IMG_20201115_114128.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
What is the advice on using the same serial / board number when upgrading? Since I'll be using the same AppleID is this recommended/allowed?
Yes its fine unless you are changing the SYMBIOS

Dear Leesureone thank you for your OC6.3 EFI updated my nuc8i5 to big sur, but the only issue is that it boots only when I have the usb key installed. If I remove it, it just boots into windows. It cant see the opencore partitions. I copied the EFI to the EFI patrition on the big sur installation but nothing. Why did I do wrong???

Dear Leesureone thank you for your OC6.3 EFI updated my nuc8i5 to big sur, but the only issue is that it boots only when I have the usb key installed. If I remove it, it just boots into windows. It cant see the opencore partitions. I copied the EFI to the EFI patrition on the big sur installation but nothing. Why did I do wrong???
If you copied the file correctly to the hidden EFI partition and it doesn't show as a boot option when you press F4 then you can either try EasyUEFI which is a program that lets you manage UEFI boot options (its free for 15 days) or formatting the EFI partition as FAT32 and then copy the EFI folder over again

Back