Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Easier than you think, update the EFI folder to OC6.3 from page 90 now then boot into Catalina. When Big Sur is available perform the update, back up any important data first as usual, that's it.

Thanks as always @Leesureone for the new EFI for OC0.6.3/Big Sur capable.

Just one question: I upgraded to this after making my usual changes and found the Intel wifi kext not loaded.

Root cause was SecureBootModel was set to Disabled.

Per the docs, OC 0.6.3 supports Big Sur with SecureBootModel enabled, so was curious why this was changed compared to your 0.6.2 EFI where you had it enabled? Thanks

Thanks as always @Leesureone for the new EFI for OC0.6.3/Big Sur capable.

Just one question: I upgraded to this after making my usual changes and found the Intel wifi kext not loaded.

Root cause was SecureBootModel was set to Disabled.

Per the docs, OC 0.6.3 supports Big Sur with SecureBootModel enabled, so was curious why this was changed compared to your 0.6.2 EFI where you had it enabled? Thanks
Just a carryover from 6.2, I don't use the intel wifi kext. Easy enough to change.
EDIT: I had already changed it in my config.plist after @Drfrag posted that it should work set back to "Default". I Updated the four main kexts, changed my USBPort configuration and re-uploaded the NUC8i76.3OC Big Sur Ready EFI folder for anyone who is interested.

Last edited:
Is NUC8i7OC6.3 Big Sur Release 1 Ready also good for NUC8i5? or is it only for i7?
Thank you Leesureone

Is NUC8i7OC6.3 Big Sur Release 1 Ready also good for NUC8i5? or is it only for i7?
Thank you Leesureone
There is a difference in how the USB ports are configured for whatever reason, it should work but it may not sleep or its possible you have other USB performance issues.

There is a difference in how the USB ports are configured for whatever reason, it should work but it may not sleep or its possible you have other USB performance issues.

so I just need to replace USBPorts.kext which I made about a month ago, correct?
Thank you!

Just a carryover from 6.2, I don't use the intel wifi kext. Easy enough to change.
EDIT: I had already changed it in my config.plist after @Drfrag posted that it should work set back to "Default". I Updated the four main kexts, changed my USBPort configuration and re-uploaded the NUC8i76.3OC Big Sur Ready EFI folder for anyone who is interested.
I changed to your new USBPorts.kext, updated all kexts using hackintool. I will wait for my chances to check out the new sleep stability.
I don't exactly get what you mean, so what exactly should we put in secure boot model (default or disabled)?, cause both the config from what you sent me before and supposedly your updated ver on page 90 had it disabled.
Thanks.

I changed to your new USBPorts.kext, updated all kexts using hackintool. I will wait for my chances to check out the new sleep stability.
I don't exactly get what you mean, so what exactly should we put in secure boot model (default or disabled)?, cause both the config from what you sent me before and supposedly your updated ver on page 90 had it disabled.
Thanks.
It doesn’t really matter unless you want the wireless kext to work. Otherwise Default is the standard setting, Disabled doesn’t change much but allowed earlier versions of Big Sur to load.

Last edited:
"NUC8i7OC6.3 Big Sur Release 1 Ready" worked great for me. One issue I'm having is I use the internal USB port for an Apple WiFi/BT card and the BT part of that isn't working since it relies on the internal USB. How do I go about re-enabling the internal USB port?
Thanks!

Follow this guide to identify all the USB ports you need and then create your own USBPorts.kext that includes one or both internal headers.

Back