Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I changed the config file again, OC said to used data so I used 1C000000 layout-id and everything works fine now, this whole audio issue is very important to me cause I Facetimed 24/7. Yea I changed so many IDs before but never touched 28. Such a fantastic feeling. Once again, thank you so much for your help, suggestions and dedication.

Also had the same issue with the audio/headphone line-out not working after I connected speakers for the first time.
This fix worked perfect for me also. Thanks @paniniham and @Leesureone !

My suggestion is to post your EFI and or contact the user on GitHub for assistance since that is whose files you are using. Another suggestion is to check in the trouble shooting guide here:

l
Thank you leesureone. I have been following your posts in this thread and they have been very helpul. I will follow your advice and try to reach out to the builder of my EFI. But in case you have the time, I am now attaching the EFI here.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 62
@noldsky76 Before I check do you have secure boot turned off in the bios?

Thank you leesureone. I have been following your posts in this thread and they have been very helpul. I will follow your advice and try to reach out to the builder of my EFI. But in case you have the time, I am now attaching the EFI here.
Hi,
This is not suitable for EFI MultiBoot,
I also used this EFI, but somehow I couldn't show the Windows menu in the OpenCore Boot menu: ((

I can't test anything because I don't have that model anymore but I ran the config.plist through Slowgeek's Sanity checker and compared it to a 5.7 version I still have. Maybe this will boot.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 65
Anyone updated to OC0.6.3?
I have it going on my Z490 but I haven't done anything with my NUC8 yet, it will work, there are no major changes in it that affect how this platform performs. The 6.2 version I posted should boot Big Sur with changes in the config.plist under Misc/ Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled"

Hi everyone, i have been failing to boot opencore 6.2 for installation of Catalina to my NUC7i7BNHXG, 8 gb ram, on multiboot (windows and hfs + partition)

Below is the kernel panic. I used the preconfigured EFI of shuai620 from github.

Any assintance or leads would be greatly appreciated.

A
To get BigSur running on my KabyLake R NUC7i7 it required OpenCore 0.6.3 and the addition AppleAHCIPort.kext since SATA support is broken due to Apple dropping the AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI class. Disabling SecureBoot worked during install but afterwards I got into a bootloop. I struggled a bit at first but now it is running very stable. My EFI is maintained here: https://github.com/extric99/Hackintosh-NUC7I7DNKE

Small question - what are you guys using as a fan profile in the UEFI/BIOS? My temps with iStat are quite low, so was thinking of lowering the fans RPM

Thanks!

Back