Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

@Leesureone my NUC8i7BEH already installed macOS Catalina 10.15.3 using Clover. Do you have idea how to upgrade to 10.15.6? Tried re-download Catalina from AppStore from current build using same EFI not working, tried download update incremental from Apple 10.15.6 still not working

Thanks

@Leesureone my NUC8i7BEH already installed macOS Catalina 10.15.3 using Clover. Do you have idea how to upgrade to 10.15.6? Tried re-download Catalina from AppStore from current build using same EFI not working, tried download update incremental from Apple 10.15.6 still not working

Thanks
Can you please explain "Not Working"? What happens?

Are both OS sharing a drive or do you have to separate drives? If separate have you tried selecting the Windows/ Windows Boot Manager drive in the bios?
I have them on separate drives. For some reason windows would start to boot and just hang every time.
I tried to boot from it on a MacBook pro/Bootcamp to see if it would and no dice. I think my install got corrupted so I ended up re-installing Windows. Annoying but I only use Windoze for gaming online so no real data loss.

When trying to update the macOS, restart, and nothing happened. It should continue the installation. I repeated the process and the result the same, nothing after restart.
After it reboots what choices do you have? What are you choices?

Using Hackintool you probably need to make adjustments to the type of port that is detected to get USBc working. The SSDT does essentially the same thing just in a more complex way. You can use MaciASL to read the DDST and compare it to what the USBPorts.kext does. Click on the kext to "Show Package Contents" and then navigate to the 'Info.plist" and then open it with a plist editor to view. It will open as a text file with our an editor otherwise and can be viewed that way as well. It may not make a lot of sense but the guide I sent you explains the logic of defining ports better than I can.

Thank you for the info. I did more research on the SSDT, and decided to use it. I added it to my ACPI folder and my config.plist. Rebooted, and nothing changed. Any ideas?

After it reboots what choices do you have? What are you choices?
Nevermind. I recreated new installer and inject your EFI folders. Now it works :). Thank you for sharing this!

Another question, any WiFi dongle recommended for this NUC8i7BEH?

Nevermind. I recreated new installer and inject your EFI folders. Now it works :). Thank you for sharing this!

Another question, any WiFi dongle recommended for this NUC8i7BEH?
You know there are Kexts you can install to enable WiFi now? I haven’t tried them for awhile but others here have. Otherwise any WiFi dongle that works with Mac, check the reviews first, should work.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I did more research on the SSDT, and decided to use it. I added it to my ACPI folder and my config.plist. Rebooted, and nothing changed. Any ideas?
Something is borked. Can’t say what without seeing you EFI folder. My bet is your USB configuration is conflicting with it.

Something is borked. Can’t say what without seeing you EFI folder. My bet is your USB configuration is conflicting with it.
How did you get it to work? Did you add that SSDT and then use hackintool to map your USB ports? Are you supposed to used the SSDT and map the USB ports with a kexts? Going back to your Nuc8 OC 0.6 folder on page 90 you don’t have the SSDT for to fix USB C. Does your usbc port work with that EFI folder? Maybe I should just replace mine with that?

Back