Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Did it work for you? There is another way but this is the easiest.
I didn’t try it yet. I want to understand what I’m doing before I do it. I’m using the Nuc8 as a way to learn how to do all of this so when I build my next hackintosh I don’t have to keep asking people for help. Thank you again for sending me the file. I was hoping by looking at it I’d understand why the USB C port isn’t working and how the fix works. But it doesn’t make any sense to me.

I didn’t try it yet. I want to understand what I’m doing before I do it. I’m using the Nuc8 as a way to learn how to do all of this so when I build my next hackintosh I don’t have to keep asking people for help. Thank you again for sending me the file. I was hoping by looking at it I’d understand why the USB C port isn’t working and how the fix works. But it doesn’t make any sense to me.
This should help explain more.

This should help explain more.
I actually used that post and this one.. (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html) to create my USBmap.kext. I then compared it to your USBPorts.kext you have in your NUC8OC6.0EFI EFI folder, and they were basically the same. There are a few differences, but they both only list the same ports, HS01, HS02, HS03, HS04, HS10, SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04. But none of those ports are the USB-C port. I was surprised when the USB-C port didn't show up. What am I missing? What dont I understand? Should the USB-C port show up when I create the kext? How does the SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC.aml file work? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!

@Leesureone
do you plan to update pg 90 to OC 0.6.1? No idea what changes, but with 0.6.0 the nice OpenCanopy graphics vanished, maybe just for me

@Leesureone
do you plan to update pg 90 to OC 0.6.1? No idea what changes, but with 0.6.0 the nice OpenCanopy graphics vanished, maybe just for me
I don't have any NUC8 boxes anymore so there is no way for me to test any updates I'd create. My best suggestion is to do some reading here in the Coffee Lake section. double check the "Quirks" that I've used in the config.plist of the 6.0 version and when in doubt copy that setting. I intentionally left out the Open Canopy Icons last go round but that's also addressed here.

I actually used that post and this one.. (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html) to create my USBmap.kext. I then compared it to your USBPorts.kext you have in your NUC8OC6.0EFI EFI folder, and they were basically the same. There are a few differences, but they both only list the same ports, HS01, HS02, HS03, HS04, HS10, SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04. But none of those ports are the USB-C port. I was surprised when the USB-C port didn't show up. What am I missing? What dont I understand? Should the USB-C port show up when I create the kext? How does the SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC.aml file work? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!
Using Hackintool you probably need to make adjustments to the type of port that is detected to get USBc working. The SSDT does essentially the same thing just in a more complex way. You can use MaciASL to read the DDST and compare it to what the USBPorts.kext does. Click on the kext to "Show Package Contents" and then navigate to the 'Info.plist" and then open it with a plist editor to view. It will open as a text file with our an editor otherwise and can be viewed that way as well. It may not make a lot of sense but the guide I sent you explains the logic of defining ports better than I can.

I don't have any NUC8 boxes anymore so there is no way for me to test any updates I'd create. My best suggestion is to do some reading here in the Coffee Lake section. double check the "Quirks" that I've used in the config.plist of the 6.0 version and when in doubt copy that setting. I intentionally left out the Open Canopy Icons last go round but that's also addressed here.
Does this mean we will never hear from you again about future OC updates for NUC8? That is quite a disaster itself considering how many users are dependent on you here. If so thank you so much for your services for such a long time.

Does this mean we will never hear from you again about future OC updates for NUC8? That is quite a disaster itself considering how many users are dependent on you here. If so thank you so much for your services for such a long time.
I'm still here and will assist however I can, just possibly to a lesser degree. Thanks for the kind words

Wondering if anyone can help.

After reading on this thread that BIOs versions had been updated fine, I went ahead and updated to Bios version 83. My Hack still works (albeit with the previous quirks I hoped it'd remove still there) - but now my Windows partition won't boot.

Was on Clover 5119, now on 5122. Still nothing. Freezes every time the little windows spinner comes on.

Any ideas?

NUC8i7BEH

I never solved my issue where the Boot Screen loads on Thunderbolt display either (that was why I updated the bios, in the hope it'd solve)

Wondering if anyone can help.

After reading on this thread that BIOs versions had been updated fine, I went ahead and updated to Bios version 83. My Hack still works (albeit with the previous quirks I hoped it'd remove still there) - but now my Windows partition won't boot.

Was on Clover 5119, now on 5122. Still nothing. Freezes every time the little windows spinner comes on.

Any ideas?

NUC8i7BEH

I never solved my issue where the Boot Screen loads on Thunderbolt display either (that was why I updated the bios, in the hope it'd solve)
Are both OS sharing a drive or do you have to separate drives? If separate have you tried selecting the Windows/ Windows Boot Manager drive in the bios?

Back