Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Is anyone running his NUC8 on High Sierra and willing to share his EFI folder (either Clover or OpenCore) ? I managed to get MacOSX 10.13.6 installed and booted but there are some issues (including iGPU graphics driver not being loaded).

OK, I made Iris 655 GPU acceleration work on High Sierra. I now have HDMI overscan issues. Editing /var/db/.com.apple.iokit.graphics hasn't worked, I might try going with SwitchResX.

@Leesureone I've searched this thread, and I've read every post, and I think I found my answer but I still need a little help. I'm trying to learn so I created my own .aml files and selected the correct kexts following the Dortania Open Core guide. While comparing my work to your files on Page 90. I have a NUC8 i5 and my USB-C / Thunderbolt port only supplies power. Based on this thread it looks like I need the SSDT-USBC.aml to fix my problem, and I read that it was one of the files from your EFI folder on Page 90. I downloaded the NUC8OC6.0EFI zip file, I see SSDT-USBC.aml in the config.plist, but I don't see SSDT-USBC.aml in the ACPI folder. So my questions are, 1. Do I need the SSDT-USBC.aml? 2. If yes where can I get it? 3. If no, how to I get my USB-C port to work? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hey guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am having difficulties using the search function in a thread on this forum (don't know if its possible?)

Anyways, I run a dual monitor setup on my NUC7i7BNH (Hdmi -> Hdmi, Thunderbolt -> DVI secondary monitor). If I keep them both plugged in, starting up will cause only the secondary monitor to work or the computer will freak out. If I start up with HDMI only and then plug in the thunderbolt after log in then all is well.

I was wondering if there was anyway to make it so both work at startup and the primary monitor is the HDMI? It works fine on my Windows SSD in this NUC.

Thanks for the help!

@Leesureone I've searched this thread, and I've read every post, and I think I found my answer but I still need a little help. I'm trying to learn so I created my own .aml files and selected the correct kexts following the Dortania Open Core guide. While comparing my work to your files on Page 90. I have a NUC8 i5 and my USB-C / Thunderbolt port only supplies power. Based on this thread it looks like I need the SSDT-USBC.aml to fix my problem, and I read that it was one of the files from your EFI folder on Page 90. I downloaded the NUC8OC6.0EFI zip file, I see SSDT-USBC.aml in the config.plist, but I don't see SSDT-USBC.aml in the ACPI folder. So my questions are, 1. Do I need the SSDT-USBC.aml? 2. If yes where can I get it? 3. If no, how to I get my USB-C port to work? Thank you in advance for your help.
Here it is, add it to the ACPI folder and to the ACPI/Add section of your config.plist

Attachments

• SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 66
Hey guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am having difficulties using the search function in a thread on this forum (don't know if its possible?)

Anyways, I run a dual monitor setup on my NUC7i7BNH (Hdmi -> Hdmi, Thunderbolt -> DVI secondary monitor). If I keep them both plugged in, starting up will cause only the secondary monitor to work or the computer will freak out. If I start up with HDMI only and then plug in the thunderbolt after log in then all is well.

I was wondering if there was anyway to make it so both work at startup and the primary monitor is the HDMI? It works fine on my Windows SSD in this NUC.

Thanks for the help!
I updated the HDMI firmware and that may have helped. The other thing that may be necessary is to fine tune the graphics device information as described here. Sounds like a lot but using hackintool and a plist editor you can get it done.

Here it is, add it to the ACPI folder and to the ACPI/Add section of your config.plist
Thank you for this. I'm new to this, but this is the file from your clover EFI folder. Will this work for OpenCore? Is it the same as SSDT-USBC.aml?

Thank you for this. I'm new to this, but this is the file from your clover EFI folder. Will this work for OpenCore? Is it the same as SSDT-USBC.aml?
Yes it will work and no its not the same.

Yes it will work and no its not the same.
Thank you. I'm trying to learn... How did you create this? Are there any resources I can read so I understand why this fixes the problem?

I actually don’t have have a windows boot manager, it’s very odd I wonder if everything got installed under the open core environment that’s why it’s showing as acidanthera hardware may have to re install windows again. It’s installed on a separate drive.
I saw one of the suggestion about installing drivers manually, this doesnt work for graphics. It doesnt necessarily to be Windows Boot Manager, just UEFI: you_windows_harddrive and that should get you to the right nvram of the NUC for you to install update.
For the entire duration of the update including restarts always remember to boot through UEFI of Windows.

Thank you. I'm trying to learn... How did you create this? Are there any resources I can read so I understand why this fixes the problem?
Did it work for you? There is another way but this is the easiest.

Back