Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Does anyone know if need a kext to get the Broadcom Wi-Fi working? In the System report it’s not showing any hardware for Wi-Fi.
No kexts needed, native support, seeing to mor info. Something else is off.

No kexts needed, native support, seeing to mor info. Something else is off.

Hey Lee, thanks for the confirmation, I'll put it in Windows test build and see if the wi-fi works on that. If not then I'll send the card back as faulty.

Hey Lee, thanks for the confirmation, I'll put it in Windows test build and see if the wi-fi works on that. If not then I'll send the card back as faulty.
For the card to work win Windows you'll need the bootcamp drivers but it should still show uo in device manager if its working. My bet is it's something with the adapter.

Sorry for the late reply @spottsy, I haven't updated Clover EFI folders in quite a while so use at your own risk. I would update Clover and various kexts if you want to go that direction, back everything up first. OC and Clover are similar but OC has al lot more folks participating in its devlopment, or that's what it seems to me, and its the future of boot loaders for sure.

Bluetooth is working well and is stable with newer developments in the kext I mention. There has also been progress in intel wireless but it's still pretty much a WIP.

Thanks so much for the reply. I will try the OC and I know how to update clover etc but thanks for the reply.

If OC is what you are developing then I'll get used to it as you are the one that is keeping everything working. Thanks for the updated EFI and advice. Cheers.

For the card to work win Windows you'll need the bootcamp drivers but it should still show uo in device manager if its working. My bet is it's something with the adapter.

Yep the card appears to be faulty, only Broadcom bluetooth hub shows up in Device Manager, nothing except usual NIC shows in Network devices, even with Bootcamp drivers installed.

Thanks for pointers.

Jim

@Leesureone, I would like to know which BIOS version is best for NUC8i7BEH. I notice that the latest is BIOS 83, but once you install it, according to its release notes, you will not be able to downgrade to any earlier one. I am therefore wary of BE_0083. What BIOS version are you currently on? I am currently on BE_0078 and not too happy with it.

@Leesureone, I would like to know which BIOS version is best for NUC8i7BEH. I notice that the latest is BIOS 83, but once you install it, according to its release notes, you will not be able to downgrade to any earlier one. I am therefore wary of BE_0083. What BIOS version are you currently on? I am currently on BE_0078 and not too happy with it.
I am on the latest version. There's nothing wrong with just updating the BIOS.

Well in my time working with these NUCs I've found updating the bios makes very little difference, if any, in how they work in OS X. What is it you are unhappy with?

Back