Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I'm using Clover. Yep I was on device ID 28 but it seemed to have crackling sounds when booting/shutting down still (when using the headphone jack). The HDMI audio alternative is working well

I will try the IntelBluetooth firmware kext tonight - thank you. Just a question though - my starting batch of kexts was actually from a youtube video and I compared the kexts I have against yours from page 90. The key ones that are different are that I have FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. I do also have AppleALC/Lilu so should I delete the two FakePCIID kexts?

Also, I don't have the SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO kexts but I'm not sure if those matter much.

Thanks so much!
Try ID 3 if you like. The FakePCI kexts are what is enabling HDMI sound or that is what they were designed for. The SMC kexts are for hardware monitoring and not required.

Try ID 3 if you like. The FakePCI kexts are what is enabling HDMI sound or that is what they were designed for. The SMC kexts are for hardware monitoring and not required.

Thanks, tried ID 3 but it was worse than 14/28 unfortunately.

Tried the IntelBluetoothFirmware - didn't really change anything (still got interference). I added the bluetoothinjector kext too so I can turn off bluetooth. My USB wireless keyboard seems to be working fine for now. It's definitely a software thing though as when I use a bluetooth speaker on windows on the NUC, there's no interference with my keyboard.

Very happy with the build for now - the two minor problems I've now found compromises for, which aren't too bad.

Thanks for the help!

sudo kextload itlwm.kext
Thinking if i should buy nuc8i5beh or nuc7i7dnh. I can live without AirDrop, but does itlwm.kext provide at least reliable WiFi performance on nuc8i5beh?

I am using a nuc7i7DNKE and replaced the wifi with a DW1560 network card. Besides thunderbolt/usb-c it is identical to a mac mini. Handoff, imessage, apple watch unlock etc are working without any issue issue. Other than one kernel panic in sleep, I have not had an issue. Alternatively you can look at some others in this nuc series like the DNHE. I have an plug and play EFI so i can really recommend this one if you want something stable, are happy to replace the wifi and can live without thunderbolt

Hi Leesureone, I took a look at your EFI page as I wanted to update my NUC8i7BEH to Catalina to 10.15.6. I notice your EFI says updated for 10.15.4. Can I use this EFI and update normally to the latest 10.15.6?

Also I wouldn't mind trying the opencore loader you have on your EFI page too using NUC8 OC6.0 you provide thanks. I just read up on opencore and wonder what advantages it has over clover for you to maintain it? Or are both very similar?

Intel Bluetooth Question: Your EFI history says " 3/23/20 Added Intel Bluetooth kext to both OC and Clover Versions". Bluetooth was always flaky previously have things changed so I can enable bluetooth now and use in a stable way?

Thanks for your continued to help to this forum.

How do I activate the the internal ports on OC0.6? Had them working on my old EFI but on Leesureones latest efi they are disabled.

Nevermind I just need to use my old USBPorts.kext.

Nope using my old USBPorts.kext didn't work, internal USB ports are disabled. I'll try redoing the kext again.

Back