Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I'm sure that now I have 100% correct USB MAP. I had no problem with wake up a few months back because I thought that I'm fixed. But after this edit, it again makes the problem. But thank you I will study your link.
So you didn't have the problem with the display until you updated the USB configuration?

So you didn't have the problem with the display until you updated the USB configuration?

I'm confused too. Probably yeah because I had no problem before. But I have question when I paste here my boot log do you think that you can find something there?

I'm confused too. Probably yeah because I had no problem before. But I have question when I paste here my boot log do you think that you can find something there?
Then I'm going to say you still have a USB problem, there probably will not be an answer in your bootleg but post it if you want.

Then I'm going to say you still have a USB problem, there probably will not be an answer in your bootleg but post it if you want.

So here :)

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    36.6 KB · Views: 52
Wow, not good. Looks like you are loading a bunch of stuff you do not need and needlessly complicating your set up and possibly contributing to your issues. I'd like to see a copy of your USBPort.kext too

There's this: slide=0 lilucpu=10 dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware darkwake=3 -hbfxbeta -hbfx-dump-nvram

You should not need any of these boot arguments except maybe this: dart=0

Also here:

13:302 0:000 ** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) ! Your MLB is wrong.
13:302 0:000 Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
13:306 0:003 Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
13:306 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelBluetoothInjector.kext (v.1.1.0) Don't need
13:314 0:008 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID.kext (v.1.3.15)
13:320 0:006 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext (v.1.1.1)
13:348 0:028 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CPUFriend.kext (v.1.2.0) Don't need
13:358 0:009 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\USBPorts.kext (v.1.0)
13:363 0:004 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\HibernationFixup.kext (v.) Don't need
13:363 0:000 Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\HibernationFixup.kext
13:363 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCProcessor.kext (v.1.1.3)
13:372 0:008 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCLightSensor.kext (v.1)
13:380 0:008 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCBatteryManager.kext (v.1)
13:390 0:009 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.3)
13:402 0:011 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\XHCI-unsupported.kext (v.0.9.2) Don't need
13:406 0:004 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCSuperIO.kext (v.1.1.3)
13:416 0:009 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (v.1.3.15)
13:423 0:007 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SATA-unsupported.kext (v.0.9.2) Don't need
13:429 0:005 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausi.kext (v.1.0.3)
13:436 0:006 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CodecCommander.kext (v.2.7.1)
13:451 0:015 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.3.9)
13:463 0:012 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.4.9)
14:161 0:698 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.4)

I'm pretty sure you have other issues as well but without seeing your EFI folder I can't really say.

Wow, not good. Looks like you are loading a bunch of stuff you do not need and needlessly complicating your set up and possibly contributing to your issues. I'd like to see a copy of your USBPort.kext too

There's this: slide=0 lilucpu=10 dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware darkwake=3 -hbfxbeta -hbfx-dump-nvram

You should not need any of these boot arguments except maybe this: dart=0

Also here:

13:302 0:000 ** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) ! Your MLB is wrong.
13:302 0:000 Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
13:306 0:003 Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
13:306 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelBluetoothInjector.kext (v.1.1.0) Don't need
13:314 0:008 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID.kext (v.1.3.15)
13:320 0:006 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext (v.1.1.1)
13:348 0:028 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CPUFriend.kext (v.1.2.0) Don't need
13:358 0:009 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\USBPorts.kext (v.1.0)
13:363 0:004 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\HibernationFixup.kext (v.) Don't need
13:363 0:000 Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\HibernationFixup.kext
13:363 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCProcessor.kext (v.1.1.3)
13:372 0:008 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCLightSensor.kext (v.1)
13:380 0:008 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCBatteryManager.kext (v.1)
13:390 0:009 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.3)
13:402 0:011 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\XHCI-unsupported.kext (v.0.9.2) Don't need
13:406 0:004 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCSuperIO.kext (v.1.1.3)
13:416 0:009 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (v.1.3.15)
13:423 0:007 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SATA-unsupported.kext (v.0.9.2) Don't need
13:429 0:005 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausi.kext (v.1.0.3)
13:436 0:006 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CodecCommander.kext (v.2.7.1)
13:451 0:015 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.3.9)
13:463 0:012 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.4.9)
14:161 0:698 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.4)

I'm pretty sure you have other issues as well but without seeing your EFI folder I can't really say.

Will better when I paste here my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.8 MB · Views: 170
You had two entries for USB configuration, one was in ACPI/ patched =SSDT-UIAC.aml and also USBPorts.kext. Use only one or the other...they both do the same thing. That and beside what I mentioned before your config.plist is really messy....more entries that do nothing or stuff you don't need than legit entires. Try this EFI. If it doesn't work just delete the ACPI/ patched =SSDT-UIAC.aml in your original EFI folder and see what happens.
Add my EFI to your usb boot drive. Not your hard drive...if it works then you can switch it.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 190
I wasn’t sure what you were saying in your last post but for your clarification your USB configuration would never cause the problems you are describing. Windows update can especially if you are sharing a drive and or using Clover...typically that is relatively easy to remedy.

Usb problems usually mean a port won’t work at all or at the right speed. That and sleep/ wake isn’t working is the other main symptom.
Good - Maybe my USB file is good and I can re-flash my BIOS which was messed up by Windows wanting to do an update of the BIOS. I will be removing Windows from my mini so it can't mess things up. I can use my NUC7i3BNK for a Window PC. I don't use Windows much anymore except at work. Which BIOS do I use that is fairly new and totally the best/recommended for Hackintosh on a NUC8i7BEH? Here is the BIOS vs = BECFL357.86A0081.2020.05.04.1834 which Windows updated my BIOS to unfortunately. I was hoping the setting wouldn't change, but it appears that is what happened to my Cat installation boot process. I would like to re-flash to the primo BIOS which has been working for everyone. That is what I did on this HacPro and it has been perfect as far as BIOS goes and generally a good machine except when I update it in some way every couple years or so. Plan B is to look at an Open Core install. I did some videos made on OC and it appears to be less beginner friendly so I don't feel entirely comfortable with OC at the moment. Are there EFI folders etc for the OC method?? Inserting so files would be more do-able to short circuit the many processes that must be done to arrive at a working unit making the large number of files shown in the videos. The Clover was easy until I tried to fix the USB and limit the NUC to 15 USB ports. I used a text file that had BIOS settings. It was a text file for a much earlier version of the BIOS in the ReHabMan installation Guide. The BIOS settings appear to be the problem and the new version may not be as OSX friendly as the original on my Unit. Does the BIOS automatically save the existing settings?

Last edited:
You had two entries for USB configuration, one was in ACPI/ patched =SSDT-UIAC.aml and also USBPorts.kext. Use only one or the other...they both do the same thing. That and beside what I mentioned before your config.plist is really messy....more entries that do nothing or stuff you don't need than legit entires. Try this EFI. If it doesn't work just delete the ACPI/ patched =SSDT-UIAC.aml in your original EFI folder and see what happens.

Add my EFI to your usb boot drive. Not your hard drive...if it works then you can switch it.

Ok, thank you :)

Good - Maybe my USB file is good and I can re-flash my BIOS which was messed up by Windows wanting to do an update of the BIOS. I will be removing Windows from my mini so it can't mess things up. I can use my NUC7i3BNK for a Window PC. I don't use Windows much anymore except at work. Which BIOS do I use that is fairly new and totally the best/recommended for Hackintosh on a NUC8i7BEH? Here is the BIOS vs = BECFL357.86A0081.2020.05.04.1834 which Windows updated my BIOS to unfortunately. I was hoping the setting wouldn't change, but it appears that is what happened to my Cat installation boot process. I would like to re-flash to the primo BIOS which has been working for everyone. That is what I did on this HacPro and it has been perfect as far as BIOS goes and generally a good machine except when I update it in some way every couple years or so. Plan B is to look at an Open Core install. I did some videos made on OC and it appears to be less beginner friendly so I don't feel entirely comfortable with OC at the moment. Are there EFI folders etc for the OC method?? Inserting so files would be more do-able to short circuit the many processes that must be done to arrive at a working unit making the large number of files shown in the videos. The Clover was easy until I tried to fix the USB and limit the NUC to 15 USB ports. I used a text file that had BIOS settings. It was a text file for a much earlier version of the BIOS in the ReHabMan installation Guide. The BIOS settings appear to be the problem and the new version may not be as OSX friendly as the original on my Unit. Does the BIOS automatically save the existing settings?
As far as I know all versions of the available bios files work and after flashing the settings typically remain the same. On page 90 of this thread there are OC EFI folders

Back