Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

hahaha, good post. Hopefully our replacements NUC are ok, like you, I fear the next one will have a different flaw. I just have to start another case tomorrow, tried on Friday, but the customer support was closed.
Good luck to us!
The migration was a success, zero issues. But I did have to redo the entire SMBIOS, incase apple records my MAC address.
Everything works fine now, hope yours will soon.

igration was a success, zero issues. But I did have to redo the entire SMBIOS, incase apple records my MAC address.
Everything works fine now, hope yours
The migration was a success, zero issues. But I did have to redo the entire SMBIOS, incase apple records my MAC address.

Sweet!
Mine is literally in the UPS truck awaiting delivery as we speak, I'll keep you posted.

Just got mine, installed everything, no more monitor issues after several boots, fingers crossed! :headbang:

Out of curiosity, what color is your hard drive blinker? my previous one was orange, this one is white, so weird. Also noticed production year on this replacement unit is 12/2018, the one that had monitor problem was 2/2019.

On page 90 here #894 I've got some EFI folders you can test drive, the clover version isn't updated though. Meanwhile it wouldn't surprise me if it was the cable or adapter. That's been reported here enough.
Yup, turned out that the issue was the usbc adapter, or rather - do not use apple thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) to thunderbolt (mini display port) adapters - got a regular usb-c -> HDMI and usb-c -> display port and both worked fine. Dual monitor works perfectly fine :) Thanks!

Just got mine, installed everything, no more monitor issues after several boots, fingers crossed! :headbang:

Out of curiosity, what color is your hard drive blinker? my previous one was orange, this one is white, so weird. Also noticed production year on this replacement unit is 12/2018, the one that had monitor problem was 2/2019.
My OG was 12/2018
My first replacement is 4/2019
AND the current one is SURPRISINGLY 6/2020. I cant believe they would make more of this :) I was wrong huh, looks like selling numbers were good.
Had a small issue where HDMI would blink on my 2K screen, so I switched the cable with my 1080P USBC-HDMI. And everything works fine now.

You can change the color in the bios

ok thank you. Then I have a problem because my pc don't detect Bluetooth :(
Is bluetooth turned on in the bios and are you sure you are loading the kext properly? Does it work in Windows or Linux by comparison?

Is bluetooth turned on in the bios and are you sure you are loading the kext properly? Does it work in Windows or Linux by comparison?

In bios is enabled but system it don't see. I use the command log show --last boot | grep IntelFirmware but no log so it doesn't work and I dunno where is problem. Maybe USB ports

In bios is enabled but system it don't see. I use the command log show --last boot | grep IntelFirmware but no log so it doesn't work and I dunno where is problem. Maybe USB ports
Yes, that could be what you need to resolve for it to work. Bluetooth requires it.

Last edited:
Back