Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

does anyone know if Open Core 5.9 is coming out soon? I believe they usually update at the end of the month.

does anyone know if Open Core 5.9 is coming out soon? I believe they usually update at the end of the month.
You can compile your own version of 5.9 right now by going to the Acidanthera GitHub page and cloning the OpenCore home page. It’s not the release version but you can try it out.

Last edited:
Updated with no issues on my NUC7I5BNH using Leesureone's OC5.8 EFI .
apparently apple introduced a bug at the very end of 10.5.5 beta testing which caused carbon copy cloner and super duper to no longer work properly. there is a beta version of CCC available, not sure about super duper. see the carbon copy cloner website for an explanation.

apparently apple introduced a bug at the very end of 10.5.5 beta testing which caused carbon copy cloner and super duper to no longer work properly. there is a beta version of CCC available, not sure about super duper. see the carbon copy cloner website for an explanation.
Looks like as of today CCCloner has released a final update that addresses the change. It’s a great program for copying or backing up.

Backed up with SuperDuper and got no errors.

Backed up with SuperDuper and got no errors.
try booting from your backup. the bug in 10.15.5 doesn't cause the backup program to fail. but the backup produced by SuperDuper, unless they have released an update in the last couple of days like CCC has, won't boot.

try booting from your backup. the bug in 10.15.5 doesn't cause the backup program to fail. but the backup produced by SuperDuper, unless they have released an update in the last couple of days like CCC has, won't boot.
Usually the programs backup everything except the EFI partition. All that means it you have to add it back in, same as the first time, but it won't fix the APFS bug.

Last edited:
Usually the programs backup everything except the EFI partition. All that means it you have to add it back in, same as the first time, but it won't fix the APFS bug.

I've had success with Acronis True image, it does copy EFI. Had issues initially, as it cannot clone catalina under Mojave. Catalina needs to be installed in order to clone Catalina.

Thanks for the heads up, it seems I am OK as I am using SmartCopy on SuperDuper on an already created Catalina volume, but if I were to create a new one then I would have issues due to the APFS bug. Here is an excerpt of what is said in the SuperDuper Blog.

"In this case, Apple has broken the ability to make new firmlinks. It's utterly unclear why they broke this capability, but they did. And that makes new and erased SuperDuper! backups unbootable.

Note, though (and this is important): Smart Updates of previous Catalina volumes continue to work properly."

Hopefully they will be with a new version of SuperDuper that workaround this issue.

Back