Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi Leesureone,
I ran some tests this morning, and here are the results:
- NUCOEFIOC5.7 : Sound BAD, SDCARD : BAD, SLEEP MODE : OK
- NUCOEFIOC5.8 : Sound OK, SDCARD : OK, SLEEP MODE : BAD
- EFI-2 : Sound : OK, SDCARD : BAD, SLEEP MODE : OK
Have a nice day, thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi Leesureone,
I ran some tests this morning, and here are the results:
- NUCOEFIOC5.7 : Sound BAD, SDCARD : BAD, SLEEP MODE : OK
- NUCOEFIOC5.8 : Sound OK, SDCARD : OK, SLEEP MODE : BAD
- EFI-2 : Sound : OK, SDCARD : BAD, SLEEP MODE : OK
Have a nice day, thanks for your help.
Okay, because none of the EFI folders enabled sleep to work which is unusual you are going to have to take additional steps. I won't really be able to help you directly except to suggest what to do because its something particular about your setup.
1. Check which USB devices you have connected, eliminate all but what are necessary to operate the computer like the keyboard or mouse then try sleep again with EFI-2. KVM Switches, DACs and other USB devices can stop the computer from sleeping.
2. Check your after market software, it too can prevent sleep and there is a terminal command you can run that shows what's causing issues. Run "pmset -g" and note the output.
3. If none of the above helps you should try to create your own UAIC-SSDT.aml or USBPorts.kext (same thing really) using hackintool and this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

with NUCOEFIOC5.7 and EFI-2 the sleep mode is OK, as indicated in my previous post.
Sorry, missed that, just saw BAD twice and moved on. That doesn't change my answer though, EFI-2 OC 5.8 has basically the same settings as OC5.7 so it should have slept.

with NUCOEFIOC5.7 and EFI-2 the sleep mode is OK, as indicated in my previous post.
One other thought, did you follow the bios settings on the first page of this thread? You hav
Dumb question, did you match these bios settings?

Then change:
- Boot->Boot Configuration, disable "Network Boot"
- Power->Secondary Power Settings, "Wake on LAN from S4/S5", set to "Stay Off"

Leesureone,
Yes all bios parameters seem correct.
After a lot of tests, I could notice that the stop then immediate restart with the sleep mode happened more often if I let USB peripherals connected especially the webcam.
I could also see that when it's in sleep mode and I plug something in usb, it restarts partially, CPU + HDD but not the display.

Leesureone,
Yes all bios parameters seem correct.
After a lot of tests, I could notice that the stop then immediate restart with the sleep mode happened more often if I let USB peripherals connected especially the webcam.
I could also see that when it's in sleep mode and I plug something in usb, it restarts partially, CPU + HDD but not the display.
Your USB port limit configuration is not properly set up for your device then. Please follow the last suggest or you are going to be stuck. This has been reported so many times in this thread and although I don't know what's different device to device I do know if executed properly that is the solution.

3. If none of the above helps you should try to create your own UAIC-SSDT.aml or USBPorts.kext (same thing really) using hackintool and this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Last edited:
Hey guys, since a couple of days I'm reading this thread and got curious if I could do this to my little NUC8i5BEH. I'm an absolute beginners, but with the excellent guide here - especially from Leesureone on page 90 - my NUC runslike a charm...Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Now I have a question regarding to the configuration with more than one display:

Does anybody uses the Apple Thunderbolt display with Apples TB3 to TB2 converter on a nuc?
Does anybody uses a thunderbolt dock with an second display? Or maybe 2 docks daisy chained?

Finally I'm trying to use a second display with my nuc. Intel says the nuc can run three displays...
Thanks for reading and maybe answering...

Back