Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I've tested with OC5.7 but it doesn't get any better than this, here's what happens:
I performed the test with the menu apple + suspend activity and also by pressing the on/off button with the same result.

1/ The screen goes off immediately.
2/ After a few seconds, the fan stops then the light on the on/off button becomes flashing.
3/ After about 2 seconds the fan starts again, the light on the on/off button becomes steady again, but the display does not light up immediately.
then the screen lights up for 0.5 seconds and goes off again.
After about 2 minutes the fan stops and the on/off button becomes flashing again, then restarts as before without the display.

Sometimes it happens that it stays in standby with the flashing on/off button without restarting itself, in this case if I press the on/off button it comes out of standby mode, the screen lights up and everything works normally.
How about the NUC8 clover efi? Same?

Can someone please direct me to a easy guide of installing open core on mu nuc7i7b. I have problem with clover cant see the update partition when i try to update to 10.15.4 supplement update. Thanks

Or an Efi with open core should do for Intel NUC7i7BNH. Thanks

Like anything Hackintosh the answer is a resounding....maybe. What device?
A Universal Audio Apollo Twin X. Just looking for a small factor PC to upgrade to, with a Thunderbolt 3 port. (I already got an I7-4790k 16GB hackintosh so it must be something equivalent).

A Universal Audio Apollo Twin X. Just looking for a small factor PC to upgrade to, with a Thunderbolt 3 port. (I already got an I7-4790k 16GB hackintosh so it must be something equivalent).
According to this thread that has the most compressive list of Thunderbolt devices I've ever found it should work. You do have to enable Thunderbolt Legacy Mode in the Security tab of the bios and have the device plugged in at boot, hot plugging doesn't work. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

I have completely replaced the contents of the EFI directory in the EFI partition (OC5.8-2) by the contents of the OC5.7 file.
I was asking you to try the Clover version, it should have the proper USB configuration for the NUCi5. Oh well, try this version of OC5.8 instead.

If it doesn't work please report what USB devices you have connected. Its possible you will need to create your own UIAC-SSDT.aml to finally get sleep/ wake working but let's try this first, its worked for most other i5 users.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    12 MB · Views: 80
I forgot that to get audio working on the NUC7 I had to resort to changing the ID using alcid=3 in the boot arguments (so its stuck at 3). Here is where to change it to other IDs.
Yes. Thanks for your help. By changing alcid=3 to 1, it's worling perfectly. :) So I can confirm that except for this small change, everything is perfect. Great Job man. Thanks again

Here is my EFI file . I had the NUC7 running with Clover before OC, had no Audio and fixed with Layout 1 and SoundFlower , for OC used Leesureone's file as is which uses Layout 3 and it works too. I use my NUC7 mostly as a headless using Remotix to remote login and the audio works fine, no crackling, also via HDMI connected directly and no issues. Hope this helps.
Thanks Vinotico for the file. Finally, by simply changing layout-id, it's working great. :)

Thanks

Back