Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

You have a weird post, couldn't tell who it was from. Meanwhile I think you are confused or I confused you. You have two separate issues you are posting about and one has your name it, one doesn't. The audio issue is not causing your sleep/ wake issue, you just don't have clear sound. In terms of Audio IDs 0x1c000000 = 28, you have to work backwards to try the other IDs and convert the numerical value to hex. I think you understood that but I was questioning if you were doing it correctly. 28 has worked better according to the most recent user postings but I've also used 3 successfully forever.

As to your second issue correct USB port limit configuration, Bluetooth and Sleep/Wake behavior absolutely and irrevocably intertwined. Its well documented through out this forum (and others). Improper port limit patching = a device that wakes immediately, won't wake at all or wakes to a black screen (and other issues). Flakey bluetooth behavior is also typically related to improper port patching because it relys, at least partially, on correct USB functioning.

Sleep wake issues are very, very, very common and one of the most reported issue here in this thread and generaly solved by using USBInjectall.kext with a custom UIAC-SSDT you create yourself for the ports you need. The other way is to replace USBInjectall.kext with a custom USBPorts kext but both do the same thing.

If you haven't noticed a difference with sleep configuring ports vs. USB inject all its either because something else is causing interference, like a DAC or other input devices, or more likely you still need to correct your port limit patching situation.

Have you tried following this guide? If you haven't you are spinning your wheels....mine too.

I believe you may have replied to me instead of another user asking about his audio issue, he posted right after me.

I do NOT post as a different user.

Either way, I have followed the above guide, but as you pointed out, maybe it's not USB port configuration, but a DAC, in fact I do use a USB DAC, you were spot on on that one.

Wether this is the cause or not it is yet to be seen. So many variables.

Always thankful for your input.

Unfortunately unless someone else has the same configuration its impossible to be sure until you try. Thats the Hackintosh world in a nutshell, somethings that work for 90% of people don't for the other 10% and they then either figure it out or don't ever. if you need it to be 100% sure before then spend a little more and buy a Mac.
I already have one. It's a macPro 3,1 which I'm trying to replace with something less power-hungry and smaller.
Is there maybe other generations of NUCs that fit my needs?

Hello I got an m2 adapter and installed a BCM4360CS2 inside my NUC. I created a USBPorts.kext using hackintool. I wanted to know in the Patched folder of your EFI which aml I have to remove to avoid conflict with my kext.

I already have one. It's a macPro 3,1 which I'm trying to replace with something less power-hungry and smaller.
Is there maybe other generations of NUCs that fit my needs?
You can wait for the NUC10 to be hacked but you'd want to wait to see how other users experiences went with dual display. The NUC8s are still the best bet right now.

Hello I got an m2 adapter and installed a BCM4360CS2 inside my NUC. I created a USBPorts.kext using hackintool. I wanted to know in the Patched folder of your EFI which aml I have to remove to avoid conflict with my kext.
Which model NUC do you have and what boot loader are you using, clover?

I have a NUC8I7BEH and I'm using Clover

You may just need to change the Layout ID on your audio device in the config.plist. There is a guide here but it’s towards the end.
Hi,

I"ve tried all the possible Layout-ID's (1, 3, 11, 15, 44, 66) found in Hackintool. But the issue is same. Every time I launch Hackintool, by default, the layout ID is set to 3 (even if it's different in config.plist). With IORegistryExplorer (HDEF) also, the layout ID is still same : 03 00 00 00. For example, when I changed it to 01 00 00 00, it's correctly reflected in config.plist file but not in IORegistryExplorer (screenshot attached)

Thanks for your help Capture d’écran 2020-05-21 à 18.34.04.png

my configuration:
NUC8I5BEH2
RAM : 16Go
Bios: BECFL357.86A.0078
EFI file: NUC8EFIOC5.8-2

Good evening, everyone.

I often have a problem when exiting the sleep mode, the display on the screen flashes continuously (about 5 seconds stopped then display about 1/2 second then stop again...) and I am forced to make a sudden stop and restart.

Do you know this problem ?
Thanks

Thank you Leesureone for the EFIs you post, they save sooo much time . To help you on verification, your NUC7EFIOC5.8.zip. on page #90 works well on my NUC7i5BNH with 16Gb Ram (Samsung) and a Samsung EVO 1TB M2 drive on Catalina 10.15.4

I only modified the following
- Switch Graphics Card from HD650 to HD640
- Updated to the latest KEXTs
- Switched IntelMausiEthernet to IntelMausi Kext recommended in other forums
- Added SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO kexts so iStatmenus can provide Temp info and other stuff.

Again, thanks Leesureone for the effort.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to ask if NUC8i5BEK is compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices.

Thank you!!!

Back