Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

ma configuration:
NUC8I5BEH2
RAM: 16Go
Bios: BECFL357.86A.0078
Fichier EFI: NUC8EFIOC5.8-2

Good morning everyone,

After one week of use, I noticed that from time to time, the computer freezes for 15 seconds to 1 minute for no apparent reason, then continues afterwards to function normally.
Have you ever seen this problem before?

ma configuration:
NUC8I5BEH2
RAM: 16Go
Bios: BECFL357.86A.0078
Fichier EFI: NUC8EFIOC5.8-2

Good morning everyone,

After one week of use, I noticed that from time to time, the computer freezes for 15 seconds to 1 minute for no apparent reason, then continues afterwards to function normally.
Have you ever seen this problem before?
Is it because it's trying to sleep and can't? Does your device sleep/wake reliably?

Yes, it sleeps and wakes reliably.
The problem occurs in the middle of work.
I've also noticed that during these blackout periods the HDD was doing a lot of access.

Yes, it sleeps and wakes reliably.
The problem occurs in the middle of work.
I've also noticed that during these blackout periods the HDD was doing a lot of access.
What kind of work, what applications are running when it happens? What kind of HDD?

Typing work on the keyboard, or launching any application, or saving.
This problem occurs quite rarely, 2 times this morning at the beginning of use and then nothing until now.
The HDD is a Seagate Momentum XT 750Gb.

Typing work on the keyboard, or launching any application, or saving.
This problem occurs quite rarely, 2 times this morning at the beginning of use and then nothing until now.
The HDD is a Seagate Momentum XT 750Gb.

What applications are running at the same time, AntiVirus, Backup, Email? You can use Activity Monitor in Utilities to check if you are unsure. Also make note a mechanical HDD is not a great recommendatioon for Mojave or especially Catalina. The APFS format adds overhead that an SSD helps overcome.

Last edited:
At the next blocking, I'll look in the activity monitor and in the console monitor.
I ordered a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD but I haven't received it yet.
the problem may be the use of a mechanical HDD.

At the next blocking, I'll look in the activity monitor and in the console monitor.
I ordered a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD but I haven't received it yet.
the problem may be the use of a mechanical HDD.
When you get your EVO Plus make sure to update the firmware first.

Yes thank you, i have already loading the samsung utility.
After the installation of the SSD I will keep you informed about the operation and whether the blocking problem continues or not.

Otherwise it works really well.

Back