Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I have the same issue with both the NUC8 and the 7 models I have using Opencore. In the OpenCore laptop guide, which is fair to say the NUCs are more than a desktop, it says card readers generally do not work. Their suggestion is to buy a USB Card Reader being they are relatively inexpensive. I should probably remove the kext for it.
FYI, even with clover the reader can be flakey or at least that has been my experience. The trick may be if it’s PCI based or not, see below from the guide.

Built in SDCard Readers
If you have an SDCard reader that's connected through an internal USB hub, it's probably not going to work. Do yourself a favor if you need SDCard support and buy an inexpensive reader. If your SDCard reader is PCI based there is a small chance that it will work in macOS, but you're probably going to want to fake the ID so it appears as a native reader to the operating system.

Thanks for your fast answer. I have been searching around and found a newer version of sinetex kext. Replacing the one in the EFI folder with the release version inside Sinetek-rtsx-2.2-macOS-10.13.zip from cholonam repo works! (https://github.com/cholonam/Sinetek-rtsx/releases)

@ta_orz are you able to use all the Continuity features (native wireless and bluetooth required)? @Drfrag?
No. The Intel Bluetooth and Wifi kexts are still in early stage of development and have basic function. It is possible to connect gamepads, speakers, headphones and other Bluetooth devices. The Wifi connection is slow (ate least 75% lower then Windows drivers). At this moment, it does not allow Handoff, Continuity or even show geographical position of the computer to the system. It is useful only for accessing the network without using the LAN cable.

Thanks for your fast answer. I have been searching around and found a newer version of sinetex kext. Replacing the one in the EFI folder with the release version inside Sinetek-rtsx-2.2-macOS-10.13.zip from cholonam repo works! (https://github.com/cholonam/Sinetek-rtsx/releases)
Nice, I’ll check it out and if it works will update the EFI folders accordingly.

No. The Intel Bluetooth and Wifi kexts are still in early stage of development and have basic function. It is possible to connect gamepads, speakers, headphones and other Bluetooth devices. The Wifi connection is slow (ate least 75% lower then Windows drivers). At this moment, it does not allow Handoff, Continuity or even show geographical position of the computer to the system. It is useful only for accessing the network without using the LAN cable.
Thanks for that. I use wired Ethernet so WiFi not a necessity but if it helped enable Continuity I’d be interested. Do you have too keep SIP disabled for it to function? Not sure I’m a fan of that if true.

What about GateKeeper, you turn it off with Hackintool right?
Sorry, I have SIP disabled on Clover with CsrActiveConfig String 0x67
Captura de Tela 2020-05-10 às 14.56.41.png

GateKeeper is default
Captura de Tela 2020-05-10 às 14.57.31.png

@defrag I am getting the following error.

Desktop/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Did you encounter this?

me too. No continuity features currently, SIP disabled and GateKeeper enabled.

@defrag I am getting the following error.

Desktop/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Did you encounter this?
Yes, once.
Try using this:
Code:
sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntelWiFi.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelWiFi.kext
sudo kextload AppleIntelWiFi.kext

Back