Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Well, that was interesting. That kext does not work on mine, I've got display issues for some reason now so I’ll leave the EFI folder as is.

Wierd, OK when I have some time this weeekend I'll try making a new one based on your latest Page 90 EFI and let you know the result.

Last edited:
Can anyone suggest the best way to dual boot Windows on these NUC systems running Catalina? The Vanilla Guide for OpenCore just mentions partitioning, but Catalina sort of uses a partition group where there is a "Macintosh HD" and "Macintosh HD - Data" and I'm not sure if I'll break anything by partitioning one or the other.

Does Bootcamp assistant work? If anyone has any experience I'd appreciate some help. I'm assuming it is fairly straight forward but I don't have a cloned drive in this machine right now so I'm hesitant to change something.
Supposedly boot camp does work with OpenCore. I’ve never tried it but if it does the program walks you through it.

This fix the sound issue for me. However, I can't get sleep to work on my i3. Any idea?
I’m pretty sure my original EFIs allow all the i3 and i5 models too sleep but they don’t take into account the internal usb headers. If you don’t use those then I have a quick fix for you. If you do then you’d have to create your own USBSSDT or USBPort.kext. Same thing reallly, they just get installed in different places. the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    12 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
yep that is much better! No crackles and volume seems normal
@jimborae and @PeteA I found a mistake in my EFI folder. I added the USBPort.kext but also left the SSDT-UIAC.aml in EFI\OC\ACPI and have it called out in the config.plist. That can cause a conflict being you only need one or the other. My suggestion for i7 users is to delete the SSDT and change it to NO or False in the config.plist. Apologies, I'll spend more time double checking before I post new EFIs next time.

Mistake.png

@jimborae and @PeteA I found a mistake in my EFI folder. I added the USBPort.kext but also left the SSDT-UIAC.aml in EFI\OC\ACPI and have it called out in the config.plist. That can cause a conflict being you only need one or the other. My suggestion for i7 users is to delete the SSDT and change it to NO or False in the config.plist. Apologies, I'll spend more time double checking before I post new EFIs next time.

View attachment 467922

i5 (NUC8i5BEH) users don't need to change anything?

Thank you

i5 (NUC8i5BEH) users don't need to change anything?

Thank you
Try the NUCEFIOC5.8.2 file on page 90 and let me know if sleep works or not. It was for me but it may not for you.

I’m pretty sure my original EFIs allow all the i3 and i5 models too sleep but they don’t take into account the internal usb headers. If you don’t use those then I have a quick fix for you. If you do then you’d have to create your own USBSSDT or USBPort.kext. Same thing reallly, they just get installed in different places. the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553
Alright. I'm going to try this now.

Try the NUCEFIOC5.8.2 file on page 90 and let me know if sleep works or not. It was for me but it may not for you.

WOW, for the first time ever, my NUC8i5BEH goes to sleep and wakes using USB-C to DP cable!
I didn't check the audio yet or other things - but sleep works!!!
THANK YOU!!! :clap::headbang:

Was it all caused because the USB SSDT?

Last edited:

Hey. So I tried both EFI and sleep just refused to work. Sound is still critical clear - Thumbs up for that. I attached my EFI. Can you check and see if I'm doing something wrong?

The LED pulse 3 times and then it wakes up.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:

View attachment 467922
Ok ..Buddy

Back