Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Ok, I now have both NUC8i7 and i5 with BT AND wifi working from BCM94360CS2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQ976CR/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 along with M.2 adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mac-OS-BCM94360CD-12-6-Pin-Wireless-Card-Module-to-M-2-NGFF-Key-B-M-Adapter/273519874451?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160727114228&meid=d34e13df049e49ccab65162a0758808a&pid=100290&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=114098955087&itm=273519874451&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507.

I followed this guide https://github.com/sarkrui/NUC8i7BEH-Hackintosh-Build to connect the wifi + adapter the NUC 8.

Attached are both EFI for my NUC8i5BEH and NUC8i5BEH, both BT and WIFI work. Need to turn the intel BT off.

FYI, you'll need to attach one of the antennas to the Card (grey one) black one is too short to reach the card. Without it, Sidecar didn't work on my NUC.
Here's 5.8 based on your USBPort.kext

Attachments

• NUC8OC5.8.zip
    12 MB · Views: 77

Attachments

• NUC8OC5.8.zip
    12 MB · Views: 66
That's one very pretty bootloader compared to the usual cli looking OC we get. :)

Need to test the other bits & bobs but at least it's booted.
That's what the "OpenCanopy.efi" driver and the "Resource" folder get you. I deleted the audio files that are part of the Resource download because there a ton of them and take up an inordinate amount of room on the EFI partition. If I understand it all correctly we could supposedly get the Mac boot chime at start up among other sounds.

OK so results as follows:

1. Sleep works
2. Network port works
3. Sound very quiet & crackles at full volume (I normally use a usb dac anyway)
4. Bluetooth just as flakey as before . Only one device can connect at a time and then it will usually lose connection after a few minutes and require the device to be switched off & on again.
5. Internal usb headers are working. (Or at least one definitely is, the other is dead but I think that's down to the port on my usb lid as it was flakey before)

OK so results as follows:

1. Sleep works
2. Network port works
3. Sound very quiet & crackles at full volume (I normally use a usb dac anyway)
4. Bluetooth just as flakey as before . Only one device can connect at a time and then it will usually lose connection after a few minutes and require the device to be switched off & on again.
5. Internal usb headers are working. (Or at least one definitely is, the other is dead but I think that's down to the port on my usb lid as it was flakey before)
Thank you, I'll try changing the layout ID and see if it helps sound. Bluetooth is what it is I guess unless you go M2 adapter and new card.

Thank you, I'll try changing the layout ID and see if it helps sound. Bluetooth is what it is I guess unless you go M2 adapter and new card.

When you've changed the layout ID repost & I'll try again :thumbup:

Re bluetooth, I usually have more success with an Asus BT400 dongle, but even that seems flakey atm, so not sure what's going on. M2 adaptor is out of the question for me due to my NVME card.

Back