Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

it is a feature of Apple....
I was responding to his ongoing issue of reboot after sleep, either that or it freezes. He tried building his own USB-SSDT but it didn’t change anything. Reallly unusual for these boxes.

I was responding to his ongoing issue of reboot after sleep, either that or it freezes. He tried building his own USB-SSDT but it didn’t change anything. Reallly unusual for these boxes.
ahh ok! :)

Choice of OS is up to you, because of lack of support for 32 bit apps a number of talented users decided to stay with Mojave. Others wanting the latest and greatest updated to Catalina. I'm currently on Catalina but don't really take advantage of the software differently that when I was on Mojave. If you decide to go to Catalina update Clover and your Kext files as available first or you'll get stuck. A fresh install of Catalina will not get your wifi/ bluetooth working and I don't have a guide being I don't have one to test.

Reportedly the 1820A cards are not reliable and do exactly what you are describing. My recommendation is to pick up one of these that works natively OOB, no kexts needed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NGFF-M-2-Card-Broadcom-BCM94360NG-Hackintosh-MacOS-better-than-BCM94352Z-DW1560/223942963362?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
[/QUOTE]

Hey Leesureone,

how would one connect the above M.2 Card to the NUC8? would you use a M.2 to Sata enclosure and connect it to the SATA drive?

I followed exactly what this guy did https://github.com/sarkrui/NUC8i7BEH-Hackintosh-Build, but only WIFI works, not the BT. this card is different from the M.2 Card you posted.

thanks again for your contribution to this forum!

Hey Leesureone,

how would one connect the above M.2 Card to the NUC8? would you use a M.2 to Sata enclosure and connect it to the SATA drive?

I followed exactly what this guy did https://github.com/sarkrui/NUC8i7BEH-Hackintosh-Build, but only WIFI works, not the BT. this card is different from the M.2 Card you posted.

[/QUOTE]
The same way he did although I have never set it up myself. He and I conversed about it at the time. No idea if tapping the SATA slot would work either, you can always try if you don't mind spending the money for the adapter.
Might be your USB internal ports aren't properly configured which you need for Bluetooth. Did you consider that? My EFI folder configuration doesn't account for them.

Forgot about this because I don't use it, had it set up once and then dialed it. Sidecar is working with USB Cable after enabling Hand Off on my iPad and adding my computer as a trusted device. See more here:

Sidecar system requirements
Sidecar requires a compatible Mac using macOS Catalina and a compatible iPad using iPadOS 13:
Mac using macOS Catalina
  • MacBook Pro introduced in 2016 or later
  • MacBook introduced in 2016 or later
  • MacBook Air introduced in 2018 or later
  • iMac introduced in 2017 or later, plus iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
  • iMac Pro
  • Mac mini introduced in 2018 or later
  • Mac Pro introduced in 2019
iPad using iPadOS 13
Additional requirements
I connect the ipad with USB cable and Hand off is on. The sidecar still shows no device. Any idea?

Hey Leesureone,

The same way he did although I have never set it up myself. He and I conversed about it at the time. No idea if tapping the SATA slot would work either, you can always try if you don't mind spending the money for the adapter.
Might be your USB internal ports aren't properly configured which you need for Bluetooth. Did you consider that? My EFI folder configuration doesn't account for them.
[/QUOTE]

the adaptor uses the internal USB ports, only for power supply, there is only a black and red cable, the data part goes to where the NVME SSD drive would go. Maybe I got a faulty Wifi card, I just ordered another one from Ebay.

I tried putting it through a NVME to USB enclosure, but it did not get recognized.

the adaptor uses the internal USB ports, only for power supply, there is only a black and red cable, the data part goes to where the NVME SSD drive would go. Maybe I got a faulty Wifi card, I just ordered another one from Ebay.

I tried putting it through a NVME to USB enclosure, but it did not get recognized.
[/QUOTE]

Bluetooth needs USB to work....if you don't have the internal headers accounted for your Bluetooth is not going to function. Sarkuri and I worked through that before he was banned. This has also has come up a couple more times before and after that in this forum, some mention more than a year ago, with users having exactly the same issue you are asking about. I'm pretty sure we identified the internal headers are on ports H10 and H11. You can use Hackintool to find them though if you have the adapter plugged in when you run through the ports.

Here's how:

Last edited:
Catching up for the first time since December-January and saw 64 GBs is being reported as working now (I had bought in October but returned because I couldn't get it to work). This is super exciting! I saw some posts related to this (#2256, #2257, #2258) but was wondering if there are any other requirements to leverage 64 GBs beyond changing config.plist with Clover Configurator. Is there a minimum BIOS? I am on 56 I believe. I'm seeing 77 is okay now.

Catching up for the first time since December-January and saw 64 GBs is being reported as working now (I had bought in October but returned because I couldn't get it to work). This is super exciting! I saw some posts related to this (#2256, #2257, #2258) but was wondering if there are any other requirements to leverage 64 GBs beyond changing config.plist with Clover Configurator. Is there a minimum BIOS? I am on 56 I believe. I'm seeing 77 is okay now.
I think you have seen the relevant posts, I don't think there has been any other developments or information posted.

Back