Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

@
The clover version I assume. At the clover boot screen hit the space bar and scroll down to the option to boot verbose. Select it and then boot. Then take a picture of where it stops and post it.

Thanks for the help!
A47946BC-9BF5-41F5-8228-E52EA73E59E6.jpeg

I‘m on my phone, thought I already had this in ACPI patched but see below for the reason you are stuck

OK I'm back using using my NUC8i5BEH for Hackintosh again and just successfully updated to 10.15.4 latested release. I used Leesureone's EFI from page 90 but updated to Clover 5107 and also updated to the latest Lilu, WEG, AppleALC.

There are a few issues however:

1. Facetime & iMessage dont work.
2. Sound out of the front headphone jack is very low & distorted when set to max.
3. Onboard Wi-Fi & Bluetooth dont work obviously.

was iMessage working before the update to 10.15.4?

OK spoke a little bit soon, not everything is working but it's minor. Found two things not working:
1. SD card reader
2. The two extra USB ports via the internal header & a replacement top.

Minor things but I'll try & work on these. Guessing it's just a case of more SSDT's or kexts required to be added to the config.plist?
The internal headers aren't addressed in SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml. You can add the internal ports to it and adjust the post count.

Last edited:
I‘m on my phone, thought I already had this in ACPI patched but see below for the reason you are stuck

Just checked the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI and the SSDT-EC.aml is already there. I tried replacing it with the one attached in the post you provided but still no luck. Its stopping at the same place. Any other ideas?

Just checked the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI and the SSDT-EC.aml is already there. I tried replacing it with the one attached in the post you provided but still no luck. Its stopping at the same place. Any other ideas?
Make sure Secure Boot is off in the bios. What are you trying to install to? What type of hard drive?

Make sure Secure Boot is off in the bios. What are you trying to install to? What type of hard drive?

Secure boot is off in the bios, I am trying to install the Catalina 10.15.4 on to Samsung 970 EVO M.2 its a first install on this machine.

Secure boot is off in the bios, I am trying to install the Catalina 10.15.4 on to Samsung 970 EVO M.2 its a first install on this machine.
Hmmm. Not an Evo Plus? I've had the USB drive cause it to hang, do you have a different type you can use? Maybe try a different port?.

Hmmm. Not an Evo Plus? I've had the USB drive cause it to hang, do you have a different type you can use? Maybe try a different port?.

No it’s not an Evo Plus...I’ve tried every port on the nuc all stopping in the same spot in verbose. I’ll try another USB later and see if that works.

No it’s not an Evo Plus...I’ve tried every port on the nuc all stopping in the same spot in verbose. I’ll try another USB later and see if that works.
Just double checking that after you run UniBeast for Catalina you are using Clover Configurator or a terminal command to mount the EFI partition on the USB drive so it is visible. Then deleting the existing EFI folder and replacing it with the version of mine I updated yesterday.

Back