Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Now i see you edited EFINUC8catalinaClover yestarday, should i be using this new one instead?

Now i see you edited EFINUC8catalinaClover yestarday, should i be using this new one instead?
If it has EMUVariablesUefi.efi in EFI\Clover\drivers\UEFI then it's the latest.

Hi guys, I don't know if this has been said before, because 254 pages is too to much to read lol. But I've found a kext that enables the soldered Intel Bluetooth chip, at least on my NUC7i5BNH. The problem with Bluetooth is that the firmware was not being properly injected by macOS, previously if you boot Windows 10 with the drivers installed and then reboot to macOS Bluetooth works because firmware is still enabled, but if you shutdown the nuc and then you cold boot macOS the firmware it's not being loaded. That's why it appears in System Preferences but it can't find devices.
If you put this kexts on the EFI (I use Clover, don't know if it works on OpenCore) you should be able to use Bluetooth.

Hi guys, I don't know if this has been said before, because 254 pages is too to much to read lol. But I've found a kext that enables the soldered Intel Bluetooth chip, at least on my NUC7i5BNH. The problem with Bluetooth is that the firmware was not being properly injected by macOS, previously if you boot Windows 10 with the drivers installed and then reboot to macOS Bluetooth works because firmware is still enabled, but if you shutdown the nuc and then you cold boot macOS the firmware it's not being loaded. That's why it appears in System Preferences but it can't find devices.
If you put this kexts on the EFI (I use Clover, don't know if it works on OpenCore) you should be able to use Bluetooth.

Worked in Opencore, haven't tried Clover but it should no problem. Nice find @coniman97!

Last edited:
Hi all, I am looking to build a Hackintosh on my Intel NUC 8. The reason I want to build Hackintosh because I don't have Mac to use. Most of tutorial is using Mac. Is it possible to build Hackintosh on NUC 8 by using Windows PC? Any link to tutorial is appreciated.

Hi all, I am looking to build a Hackintosh on my Intel NUC 8. The reason I want to build Hackintosh because I don't have Mac to use. Most of tutorial is using Mac. Is it possible to build Hackintosh on NUC 8 by using Windows PC? Any link to tutorial is appreciated.
It's against the rules of this forum to discuss or link to anything like that. Google Vanilla Desktop Guide

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a NUC8i5BEH running fine with latest mac OS x Catalina 10.15.3 using the clover EFI folder from post #894 (thank you Leesureone)
My question is if should i switch to opencore? I read that it's might be the future - more modern and boots faster, buts it's still pretty new.
I'm a still pretty newbie to Hackintosh
What do you recommend - to stay with clover or to try upgrading to OC 5.6?

BTW - changing clover to opencore - is it as simple as deleting the clover EFI folder and pasting the opencore folder from post #894 and that's all?

============
Another question - is it safe to update to the latest bios 0078 ? (for both clover and opencore?)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a NUC8i5BEH running fine with latest mac OS x Catalina 10.15.3 using the clover EFI folder from post #894 (thank you Leesureone)
My question is if should i switch to opencore? I read that it's might be the future - more modern and boots faster, buts it's still pretty new.
I'm a still pretty newbie to Hackintosh
What do you recommend - to stay with clover or to try upgrading to OC 5.6?

BTW - changing clover to opencore - is it as simple as deleting the clover EFI folder and pasting the opencore folder from post #894 and that's all?

============
Another question - is it safe to update to the latest bios 0078 ? (for both clover and opencore?)

Thank you!
As a newbie I don't really reccomend Opencore but feel free to try it. Yes it's as easy as changing the EFI folder but you will need to update the serial numbers etc. Clover Configurator will not work, use a plist editor like Xcode.

I haven't updated the bios beyond 77 if I remember correctly so I don't know.

Last edited:
Back