Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hello Guys and Masters of Hackintoshing,

three days reading here and now trying my first own NUC8 - I call him MasterNuc ;)

I choose the NUC8I5BEH with added 32GB of RAM and a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NWme drive.
I followed the steps, also Post #894 and I stuck here with

View attachment 452542

and Ethernet build in Problems.

View attachment 452543

I already tried IntelMausi 2.2 to 2.4.1d1, copied from the provided EFI Master folder, from MultiBeast 11.3.0, as standalone installer and also CloverConfigurator ACPI/FixLAN and FixRegions.

Any USB LAN (AX8817) is working fine.

"Green lights" are on (also renamed as en0), but I don't get connection.

View attachment 452544

I'll copy my complete EFI folder over here and'll be very happy to get some hints (or solutions).

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 452545 View attachment 452546 View attachment 452547
So you are having problems connecting wired internet? It should just work with my EFI folder as is, you should not need the fix Regions or fix LAN settings.
You can try this bios setting and see if it helps:
"Disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section

:clap:

Thank you very much.

Now Ethernet is working with IntelMausi 2.5 (as expected) and I can continue to solve the other small issues, like sound via headphone jack front panel and building an internal USB port with the headers for a (hopefully working) USB Bluetooth and WLAN stick from Edimax EW-7611.
I'll test and report.

Thanks again @Leesureone

PCIe_ASPM_unchecked.png

Last edited:
On the first page it is written that maybe there will be separate page for NUC8, did that happen or all relevant informations for NUC8i5BEH are just in this thread? 10q

On the first page it is written that maybe there will be separate page for NUC8, did that happen or all relevant informations for NUC8i5BEH are just in this thread? 10q
Please see here: #894

:clap:

Thank you very much.

Now Ethernet is working with IntelMausi 2.5 (as expected) and I can continue to solve the other small issues, like sound via headphone jack front panel and building an internal USB port with the headers for a (hopefully working) USB B and WLAN stick from Edimax.
I'll test and report.

Thanks again @Leesureone

View attachment 452710
That's great, sound from the front jack and HDMI should be working with my EFI folder.

Has anyone done this with a NUC8I3BEH? I can't get it to work.. If so could you share your EFI folder?

Has anyone done this with a NUC8I3BEH? I can't get it to work.. If so could you share your EFI folder?
Sure. Have you seen this post ?

Sure. Have you seen this post ?

I had not.. following it now! looks like it is working!
Do I need to do all the CLI steps from the tutorial from post #1?

I had not.. following it now! looks like it is working!
Do I need to do all the CLI steps from the tutorial from post #1?
You don't. Once install is finished copy the EFI folder over to the EFI partition on your hard drive. That's it.

Hi,

Getting a stop sign on NUC8i3BEH during attempt to load installer. In verbose mode it says - Still waiting for root device. Using EFI from post #894. BIOS version is 0072 from stock.
Any idea is appreciated =)

Back