Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Edit: No idea on using Parallels but usually hardware update functions are not going to work but you can install windows to an external usb drive.

ok so next complication, thank you

Hi @teosard. Please see the guide from @Feartech for more help.

Already done this for imessage but not working. Any hint for fixing airplay? Thank you.

Already done this for imessage but not working. Any hint for fixing airplay? Thank you.
I would search the forums being it isn't a platform specific issue, meaning any hackintosh can have this problem.

Last edited:
The other options are less time consuming...none may work.

Again how did you get sleep working?

I'm deleted USB-UIAC.SSDT and added into config

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F

I'm deleted USB-UIAC.SSDT and added into config

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F
Okay, as long as you are aware the next OS X update can break it. It also means your SSDT was not properly configured for your hardware but that probably seems unimportant now.

Okay, as long as you are aware the next OS X update can break it. It also means your SSDT was not properly configured for your hardware but that probably seems unimportant now.

Ok :). Now I testing new SSDT from some chinese guy so We will see.

Sidetopic: I see u have SMSL Q5 DAC. I'm planning to buy one.... Does it still works in Catalina? Can Mac OSX control the DAC's volume or I can control it only from DAC? Thanks
It works, but starting from Catalina, MacOS seems unable to control its volume, so I use the remote control for that. On Mojave, I could control it from the system interface.

I have a fresh Mojave install on NUC7i7BNH and everything works. This is using today's github commit.
Dual monitors (usb-c and hdmi) work. Analog and hdmi audio work.
The only minor inconvenience is one of the displays has to be disconnected during start. Otherwise I have no signal on the display at all. But once it's up, I can plug in the other display without any problems.

I just got a NUC7i5DNH (dawson canyon) and a dw1560 wireless card. I'll do another install and report back. Hoping to have wifi and bluetooth on that.

Thanks @RehabMan. Great work

How did you get your graphics to work on the NUC7i7BNH? Im running Catalina and I cant get it to work.

How did you get your graphics to work on the NUC7i7BNH? Im running Catalina and I cant get it to work.

if you use integrated gpu you can try going into Clover graphics and check inject intel.

Of course you need add few lines into Clover

Comment: change GFX0 to IGPU
Find* [HEX]: 47465830
Replace [HEX]: 49475055

Comment: change HECI to IMEI
Find* [HEX]: 48454349
Replace [HEX]: 494d4549

Back