Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Good evening everyone,

after the 5. attempted to fix it somehow I give up on this. I checked the logs and everything what's for me possible.

I followed the guide, tried the FAQ, tried other fixes from other Forums I found.
But nada.

So I attach my Gen_Debug file here and hopefully someone can help me, otherwise I have to give up on this (or at least give up on sleep).

Greetings,

These are my personal notes below on a website I used to fix a sleep problem once. And Terminal commands to uses that shows sleep and wake history to find the problem.
Also I once found updating drivers in kext/other folder fixed a sleep problem for an external device plugged in.
Hope it helps:

One other thing I'm sure you have checked but look at page 1 of this guide and double check bios settings match yours. I think I remember Leesureone mentioning the important ones a few pages back.

Try to sleep and then when it wakes right away paste the below command into terminal with admin privliges ie use password when it asks. It is a quick first way to see what is happening then search the line that is causing the problem in google.

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Sleep and Wake history:

log show --style syslog | fgrep "[powerd:sleepWake]"

To save sleep and wake history to file:

log show --style syslog | fgrep "[powerd:sleepWake]" > MacBook-pro-sleepwake.txt

Last edited:
So in a few days I will receive fully specced (i9, vega48, 64gb which I upgrade myself) iMac from Apple so I will say goodbye to my nucintosh .
It was a short but interesting time into the hackintosh scene for me and learned a thing or two .

The main thing for me is that you will never get it working 110% which for me was more of an annoyance then I thought, since I need the piece of mind for my work (the imac is tax deductible for me).

So I want to thank everybody to get my nucintosh working for lets say...98% :)

good luck!

Still happy to share my knowledge on the bt/wifi part offcourse :)

So in a few days I will receive fully specced (i9, vega48, 64gb which I upgrade myself) iMac from Apple so I will say goodbye to my nucintosh .
It was a short but interesting time into the hackintosh scene for me and learned a thing or two .

The main thing for me is that you will never get it working 110% which for me was more of an annoyance then I thought, since I need the piece of mind for my work (the imac is tax deductible for me).

good luck!

Why not a 5700 XT?

good luck!

Thanks for the goodbye HedgeHog2k. I think if you want that 100% continuity like you want it might be the way to go to get the proper thing. Good to have you on the forums posting your modding progress etc. Best of luck and you will be missed. Best of luck for your new imac.

Leesureone some countries strangely don't offer all the upgrades offered say in the USA etc. I know in Australia if I look at the Mac Mini's 2018 the custom options differ a lot form the USA website. Very strange. Some things not at all available. Don't know why.

Kext Update question:
I use a kext update software that has a new message which I have copied below: My version of IntelMausiEthernet is the latest version and the updater also confirms this (2.5.0.0) version is up to date but seems to suggest IntelMausi is a new and better option. I have searched and cannot find out but this message is new.

Checking IntelMausiEthernet ... (2.5.0.0)
Attention!!!
Please make sure to delete your old IntelMausiEthernet and use IntelMausi instead. It is included now.

It suggests that IntelMausiEthernet kext has been superseded by another or better kext as standard.
End of message:

It seems to say that the kext updater now now updates IntelMausi now when checking for updated kexts.

My version lines up with this I think (2.5.0.0)

I think after a little more digging it is suggesting I use this version on github that has 2 alterations. Go to the below link and scroll down to the readme:

Running the new github version makes the ATTENTION message go away. The alterations and fixes are many. It might fix the LAN problems many have been posting about the last few months. Have a read of the alterations in Readme below there are too many to post here. I've updated and will tell you if any problems. Easy to reverse if needed.

FULL MESSAGE AFTER CHECKING FOR UPDATED KEXTS BELOW FYI:

Checking AppleALC ...
You are up to date (1.4.4)
─────────────────
Checking Clover ...
☝ Update available!
Your Version..... = 5097
Server Version... = 5099
Downloading File.
─────────────────
Checking CodecCommander ...
You are up to date (2.7.1)
─────────────────
Checking FakePCIID ...
You are up to date (1.3.15)
─────────────────
Checking FakeSMC ...
You are up to date (1800)
─────────────────
Checking IntelMausiEthernet ...
Attention!!!
Please make sure to delete your old IntelMausiEthernet and use IntelMausi instead. It is included now.
You are up to date (2.5.0.0)

─────────────────
Checking Lilu ...
You are up to date (1.4.0)
─────────────────
Checking USBInjectAll ...
You are up to date (0.7.1)
─────────────────
Checking WhateverGreen ...
You are up to date (1.3.5)
─────────────────
Done.

Last edited:
Thanks for the goodbye HedgeHog2k. I think if you want that 100% continuity like you want it might be the way to go to get the proper thing. Good to have you on the forums posting your modding progress etc. Best of luck and you will be missed. Best of luck for your new imac.

Leesureone some countries strangely don't offer all the upgrades offered say in the USA etc. I know in Australia if I look at the Mac Mini's 2018 the custom options differ a lot form the USA website. Very strange. Some things not at all available. Don't know why.
Where is homeboy from? The 5700 XT is probably available everywhere being it is AMDs latest and greatest but different brands and models probably vary. I sell my used components on Ebay and ship overseas fairly frequently based on demand. I guess I should say based on the auction results.
Meanwhile companies marketing strategies vary by location. Past sales tend to dictate what is offered.

Last edited:

Thank you spotssy. Best of luck with your health first, nucintosh second!

I was only able to select vega 48 over 580. 5700 was not an option.
Note: its an imac, not an imac pr
Note2: its the same on apple.com. Imac can be upgraded to vega48 and imac pro to vega 64 or 64X (from 56)

Last edited:
I think you missed my post about how to run terminal and check for activities preventing sleep, as part of the debug that output is included in kextstat_log.txt. This line in the PM Assertions Dump is indicating there are multiple processes running preventing sleep, each item after a comma is an individual but sometimes related process you can google and research for suggestions how to prevent them from halting sleep

sleep 15 (sleep prevented by nsurlsessiond, mds_stores, mds, apsd)

View attachment 440051
Sleeping is working, but the device doesn't wake up anymore.
But I will check - again - all the sleep prevented by services. Then before this services it was audio for some reason.

Back