Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Adding to this thread's activity lately—it's me again with my NUC's newly developed sleep problems:

They still exist, even without any Shimo tasks running. My machine managed 4 sleeps in the last two days and now it refuses to sleep again. In between I didn't change anything, didn't run any new apps. Every time I try to put it to sleep now, it takes really long until it reacts at all, at least 20 seconds (that was also the case when it used to work though), then it powers down into sleep for no more than one second, only to wake up again immediately. The system.log is incredibly unhelpful. This time there is not even a mention of "sleep" in there, even though I tried it multiple times. (I've attached a text file copy of the time period none the less.)

So yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I seem to never have any luck with my hackintosh builds.

I'm contemplating wiping the disk and redoing my whole installation, but this time living with no native digital sound output, but proper sleep instead. :-/
Lots of things can keep your machine from sleeping, you can run this command from terminal and typically see an output. Also make sure you have wake for network access turned off in the bios

pmset -g assertions

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204760

Last edited:
I got news: The firmware update didn’t work and the sleep at all still not working .. I will reproduce the power management just in case.

I keep you informed.

greetings,
See my answer to @Yorxor I Think the way you installed, because you didn't follow the Rehabman guide, created your issue but the above may give you more insight.

See my answer to @Yorxor I Think the way you installed, because you didn't follow the Rehabman guide, created your issue but the above may give you more insight.
Maybe it was not clear: I only followed this and after sleep didn’t work I tried other things.

Maybe it was not clear: I only followed this and after sleep didn’t work I tried other things.
Not clear at all. You used the specific Dawsons Creek scripts?

Not clear at all. You used the specific Dawsons Creek scripts?
Yes I used them, ibis snow the „basic“ plist for nuc7dc and also everything else in the guide.

Did you see the other part of the post on diagnosing sleep problems?

rc.clover.lib is from the Clover rc scripts (can be installed using the installer). I already had them installed, but I think that the top part of the script (that sources rc.clover.lib) is not needed anyway. It should be safe to delete this part of the script and get rid of rc.clover.lib dependency. I will post an updated version if I find the time.

As for libusb, I already had this installed, too (the firmware downloader won't build without it). Didn't realise it would be needed at runtime, though.

Thank you! the script did enable bluetooth somewhat. I can connect to my speakers, keyboard, etc. which is great!

The sidecar, handoff and, suprisingly, my airpods do not work tho. Still, that is huge step forward

BTW i did comment rc.clover.lib check without any ill effect

Hey guys, first of all, thank you all of you who have spent hours on R and D for us to enjoy MacOS.

I have a Nuc8i7BEH, with BIOS 071 version. I used the EFI provided by Leesureone on post 896 post install on Mojave,it installs just fine, however, I cannot get imessage to work. I use clover configurator to change the serial and SmUUID, and verify they are not already used.

What's interesting, if I use the EFI provided by https://github.com/sarkrui/NUC8i7BEH-Hackintosh-Build, iMessage works just fine, but extremely unstable, keeps crashing with random resets.

I'm connecting via ethernet, the BSD for ethernet does show en0.

Any thoughts? Do you guys recommend messing up with Rt Variables or leave blank?

Any input greatly appreciated.

rc.clover.lib is from the Clover rc scripts (can be installed using the installer). I already had them installed, but I think that the top part of the script (that sources rc.clover.lib) is not needed anyway. It should be safe to delete this part of the script and get rid of rc.clover.lib dependency. I will post an updated version if I find the time.

As for libusb, I already had this installed, too (the firmware downloader won't build without it). Didn't realise it would be needed at runtime, though.

Thank you for the clarification.

I guess installing rc scripts from Clover is needed to run the script at boot, right? I just placed your files into /etc and /opt, but the script doesn't run automatically on the login screen at cold boot.

I just need to install rc script on target volume by clover installer?
I'm not sure how to run the scripts in /etc/rc.boot.d/ at boot.

anyway I will try it later.

Hey guys, first of all, thank you all of you who have spent hours on R and D for us to enjoy MacOS.

I have a Nuc8i7BEH, with BIOS 071 version. I used the EFI provided by Leesureone on post 896 post install on Mojave,it installs just fine, however, I cannot get imessage to work. I use clover configurator to change the serial and SmUUID, and verify they are not already used.

What's interesting, if I use the EFI provided by https://github.com/sarkrui/NUC8i7BEH-Hackintosh-Build, iMessage works just fine, but extremely unstable, keeps crashing with random resets.

I'm connecting via ethernet, the BSD for ethernet does show en0.

Any thoughts? Do you guys recommend messing up with Rt Variables or leave blank?

Any input greatly appreciated.
Have you explored this thread? There are some trouble shooting tips you can try.

Back