Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I just update my post with the Information, please have a look again.
You still need to update your profile, what is in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder?

You still need to update your profile, what is in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder?
I Put the ACPI patches from Rehabman for USB and the one which get installed after "make install_nuc7dc"

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 16.05.58.png

EDIT:
Attached you can find my EFI with SMBios (I Use iMac Pro 1,1).

Regards,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 88
Okay, your profile doesn't list the kind of NUC you have but I know from before it’s an NUC7, probably should make that change at some point.

Meanwhile the SSDT-USB-NUC-7.dsl extension is wrong and will not be used to patch your usb ports. The extension should be .aml so open it with MACiASL again and compile it and then save it as a machine language extension. That should give you the file you need to replace the .dsl file and hopefully that will solve your Sleep Wake issues.

If that doesn’t finish the job then please do as @Feartech requests for more help.

Loading kexts via Library/ Extensions can cause the behavior you described, sound doesn't work at first and then after a couple reboots it does. I think that's related to the kextcache not being rebuilt properly. As to sleep issues are you using Shimo VPN? Lots of messages relating to Shimo...Shimo[277]: System is waking from sleep.

Try disconnecting and then checking sleep. If needed try reinstalling it.

Yes, I'm using Shimo. I'm using it actually on all my Macs and Hackintoshes. Never had problems with it preventing sleep before. I also never have any VPN connection still alive while I'm trying to get my NUC to sleep. Hmmm.

I have it closed and removed from my login items for now for further testing. My first test sleep worked, but that doesn't say too much, because I already rebooted shortly before and in my experience sleep usually works properly for a while after a fresh reboot.

Yes, I'm using Shimo. I'm using it actually on all my Macs and Hackintoshes. Never had problems with it preventing sleep before. I also never have any VPN connection still alive while I'm trying to get my NUC to sleep. Hmmm.

I have it closed and removed from my login items for now for further testing. My first test sleep worked, but that doesn't say too much, because I already rebooted shortly before and in my experience sleep usually works properly for a while after a fresh reboot.
Okay, keep us posted.

I Put the ACPI patches from Rehabman for USB and the one which get installed after "make install_nuc7dc"

View attachment 439380

EDIT:
Attached you can find my EFI with SMBios (I Use iMac Pro 1,1).

Regards,
Your SMBios could be another issue, I’d have to check but your processor type and speed should match up as closely as possible. Rehabman has already identified it as something else. If you use his NUC7config.plist for after install you should be fine.

Thanks a lot, I can't compile it rn and the documentation from Rehabman doesn't help at all.
I wanted to write you via PM but I can't yet.

So the Error is this:
3, 6155, Invalid OEM Table ID (Length cannot exceed 8 characters)

Line 3:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_USB-NUC7-DC", 0x00000000)

The same is defined in the "SSDT-NUC7-DC.aml". Don't know what I do wrong.
Im not a programer and googlee didn't help here.

Greetings,
How about you rerun the ”make“ script, it should create the .aml file for you.

How about you rerun the ”make“ script, it should create the .aml file for you.
I tried but the USB SSDT is not created and my compiled one is now deleted.
Maybe its inside die normal NUC7DC one now, bc I can't find it compiled in the projects folder.

Even I tried with my compiled one and it didn't work out, so I try now this what @Feartech suggested. Hopefully this can fix it somehow, I will search for the right PM ?

Back