Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Ok thanks, I'll try that as well. Will report back.

And what about #11? Is that still relevant in late 2019?
Installing kexts to L/E requires a kext installer or the appropriate terminal commands. Fyi

I should point out that I actually don't know if audio of HDMI works because I use a bluetooth speaker.
I can confirm that HDMI audio absolutely works on nuc7 on both Mojave and Catalina. The only thing that doesn't work is volume adjustment via the menu bar as that is apparently how Apple designed it.

Last edited:
Hey All,

Looking to get an intel NUC8i7HVK and follow the guide on the hac-mini GitHub. I was wondering 2 things before I grab one.

1. is eGPU possible in Mojave with this? (not planning to upgrade as I have hardware that doesn't like Catalina yet) its not critical to me just curious.
2. I read somewhere in this thread (and I can't seem to find it anymore) that you can install the official Apple Broadcom Wifi into a USB adapter and use it that way; then you can use both SSD slots?

Sorry for the hijack very interested in the build and found a NUC for a good price!

Hey All,

Looking to get an intel NUC8i7HVK and follow the guide on the hac-mini GitHub. I was wondering 2 things before I grab one.

1. is eGPU possible in Mojave with this? (not planning to upgrade as I have hardware that doesn't like Catalina yet) its not critical to me just curious.
2. I read somewhere in this thread (and I can't seem to find it anymore) that you can install the official Apple Broadcom Wifi into a USB adapter and use it that way; then you can use both SSD slots?

Sorry for the hijack very interested in the build and found a NUC for a good price!
Hello, the NUC8i7HVK model is not supported in the thread. Yes if you can get Mojave going an eGPU via thunderbolt will probably work but I would verify that somewhere else first if its important to you.
As far as I know there is no USB compatible adapter that will work with an apple airport card, just internal M2 or PCIe adapters.

Hello, the NUC8i7HVK model is not supported in the thread. Yes if you can get Mojave going an eGPU via thunderbolt will probably work but I would verify that somewhere else first if its important to you.
As far as I know there is no USB compatible adapter that will work with an apple airport card, just internal M2 or PCIe adapters.

Sorry about that, I got so excited that I didn't notice the "Bxx" in the title, just the NUC8!

Regardless, thank you for the info!

Does anybody else have a problem with audio from the headphone port?
I am using HDMI/Displayport audio and it works fine, but I tried plugging a pair of headphones in the front port and, although it is being detected (audio output automatically changes to internal audio), all I can hear is distorted audio in very low volume (almost inaudible, even after maxing out the volume controls).

Does anybody else have a problem with audio from the headphone port?
I am using HDMI/Displayport audio and it works fine, but I tried plugging a pair of headphones in the front port and, although it is being detected (audio output automatically changes to internal audio), all I can hear is distorted audio in very low volume (almost inaudible, even after maxing out the volume controls).
Are you loading the CodecCommander.kext? It helps with volume levels, if you are you may need to experiment with Devices\Audio\Inject values in the config.plist. You might also need to change your Device Properties using Hackintool.

Audio.png

Back