Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I just got my NUC8I7BEH a few days ago and restored a Mojave Time Machine backup to it (from my Macbook Pro) without issues (I am using the latest EFI folder from this forum)!

All seems to work as expected, it would be nice if there was a way to fix bluetooth, though. It's a shame that there is no way to upload the firmware after a power cord disconnection without booting into Windows/Linux first, since it works fine otherwise.

The only problem I seem to have has to do with external monitor color calibration. I a using a 4K Samsung U28D590D connected through a USB-C -> Displayport cable and it is working fine, apart from the fact that the calibration controls on the monitor calibration windows do nothing.

Is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Good to hear things are fixed for you.

I do like the addition of THREE M.2. ports for using apple wifi/bluetooth adapter for continuity but still having fast SSD speeds.

The downside with the NUC8i7BEH is the heat it spikes too at sometimes 100 Celsius and often in the 90 degrees from purchase. Glad they put two fans in to help with this and copper heatsinks. Will be interested when it comes out if it can work as a Hackintosh. Nice to see support for the CPU id already so there is a good chance I hope.
You should read my journey battling high cpu temps and fan noise with the nuc8i7beh

My internet(ethernet)not working when I used Samsung NVME SSD 970 EVO Plus.Already on latest firmware. Can browse web in less than a minutes after boot. Then it stop working. If I did speedtest.net only upload working. Later I swap back with other nvme ssd and had no problem. Why does Samsung NVME cause the problem?

@acik84 I am using "Samsung NVME SSD 970 EVO Plus" and also have also your NUC8i7BEH and don't have problems. Some do though.

Try Leesureones suggestion "Disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section, this improves Gigabit stability"

Out of interest there are different versions of the NUC8i7BEH. Mine is version 4. Look under the bottom of your NUC and let me know what version yours is? Mine says NUC8i7BEH4. Note the 4 at the end. I think it went 2,3,4 etc.

It might be that mine a difference in router or a fix they did in later NUCs that mine has no problems.

Try this bios setting:

Disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section, this improves Gigabit stability

Nice!, its working.

@acik84 I am using "Samsung NVME SSD 970 EVO Plus" and also have also your NUC8i7BEH and don't have problems. Some do though.

Try Leesureones suggestion "Disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section, this improves Gigabit stability"

Out of interest there are different versions of the NUC8i7BEH. Mine is version 4. Look under the bottom of your NUC and let me know what version yours is? Mine says NUC8i7BEH4. Note the 4 at the end. I think it went 2,3,4 etc.

It might be that mine a difference in router or a fix they did in later NUCs that mine has no problems.

Thanks, I'm on NUC8i3, will upgrade soon to i5.

Can anyone help me with really poor Geekbench scores on the NUC8i7BEH? I'm running 16GB of 2400MHz ram and a Evo 860 which shouldn't really be a problem. On windows things run really well, running games (like LoL) at above 120fps). I didn't check Geekbench, but I think it would have done reasonably. On Mac with a fresh install (which is super easy) I'm getting a Geekbench score of 1000/4000 which is super low. It should be 4 times that. LoL fps sitting at 25fps.

When I run Geekbench I can't see anything crazy with Intel Power Gadget. Temps sit at 80, idle at 60. Frequency sits at about 3Ghz while running the test. The EFI folder I'm using is LeisureOne's from earlier in the threat. Mojave 10.14.6 vanilla install.

If I disable "PCIe ASPM Support", Apple Arcade game won't run at all. But Steam game run just fine. Already tried with different memoryfix kext still with same result.

Can anyone help me with really poor Geekbench scores on the NUC8i7BEH? I'm running 16GB of 2400MHz ram and a Evo 860 which shouldn't really be a problem. On windows things run really well, running games (like LoL) at above 120fps). I didn't check Geekbench, but I think it would have done reasonably. On Mac with a fresh install (which is super easy) I'm getting a Geekbench score of 1000/4000 which is super low. It should be 4 times that. LoL fps sitting at 25fps.

When I run Geekbench I can't see anything crazy with Intel Power Gadget. Temps sit at 80, idle at 60. Frequency sits at about 3Ghz while running the test. The EFI folder I'm using is LeisureOne's from earlier in the threat. Mojave 10.14.6 vanilla install.

I guess you are running GeekBench 5, which changed the scoring base and reports scores 75% lower than GeekBench 4 :)
I was going crazy too, just download GeekBench 4.

Folks, I've recently upgraded my NUC7 to Catalina by following the guide in post 109. However, I can't get my bluetooth to work. I understand there are compatibility issues, but I had it working under Mojave. The card I am using is a Lenovo 20-200480.
I have tried the various versions of Brcm patches, and the closest I have gotten is to see bluetooth show up, but have it not function. Meaning, it displays my devices, but does not "do" anything.

BTW, WiFi works just fine.

Any help appreciated.

Back