Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I haven't had any problems with my microSD @Leesureone linked it to me a couple of months ago. I use for GoPro footage mainly. I took a look and it is is formatted MBR fat32 like a usb is formatted so maybe that is why it works reliably. See screenshot of partition details. I'll see if there is an updated kext anywhere too. Let me know if you find an up to date one that works with HFS+ formatting. I'll try HFS+ in a bit to see if it makes a difference I have a second card laying around.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE TWO COPIES OF THE DEVICE: Do you have another kext competing for the same microSD card. Anyway here is my PCI driver info.

Note Chinese_spy's screenshot of driver matches mine which also might be a hit to why it is not working for you?
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/screenshot-2019-09-15-at-09-15-16-png.425937/

CHIPSET DETAILS: Realtek RTS522A PCI-E Card Reader I did some searching but could not find any updated kext other than the one I listed sorry. Tell me if you find a newer driver.
As far as I know I don’t have any other kext for sd card reader..
Question though: in the system tray, is yours also identified as “unknown card”?

Hi, anybody tried play DRM content on Apple TV app with success? I tried adding shikigva=1/57/60 and change SMBIOS to iMacPro with no success.

Hey Guys so after some experiments I managed to make it all work.
Dual Boot (Windows 10 & Mojave 10.14.6)

I have the NUC8i5BEH
CPU: Intel i5-8259U
RAM: Crucial CT16G4SFD832A 16 GB DDR4, 3200 MHZ, PC4-25600, CL22, Dual Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin
they work at 2400 MHZ as that is the maximum supported by the NUC.
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
Storage: - NVme Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256 GB (Windows 10)
- LITEONIT SSD SATA 256GB (Mojave 10.14.6)

Has been installed with Bios version 73 (latest)
Clover version 5045

Working Tested:

- Wifi Asus USB-AC68
- Built-in Bluetooth is working
- M.2 2280 for SSD
- SATA for SSD
- DP/HDMI (video/audio)
- UEFI booting via Clover
- 4x USB3 ports (2x back, 2x front)
- native USB3.1/USB3/USB2
- Ethernet (works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext)
- Analog native Audio working (IN/OUT)
- Built-in Microphone is working
- USB-Type C working
- Mac App Store is working
- Restart & Shutdown is working
- Thunderbolt 3 (BIOS TB Legacy Mode)

Not Working:
- on-board Wifi

Bios Settings all i did is enable Legacy Boot the rest you can leave it on Default.

Bellow you have the EFI just replace your EFI folder on your EFI partition and boot.

Hope it helps,

How did you manage to get built in bluetooth to working? Which kext did you used?

Hi everyone... I’ve install Mojave few months ago and now I’d like to upgrade to Catalina, can you please tell me the number of the threads where I can find the step? Also because I don’t find the number of thread I’ve used to copy the efi file...where is post 901???. thanks in advance

Hi everyone... I’ve install Mojave few months ago and now I’d like to upgrade to Catalina, can you please tell me the number of the threads where I can find the step? Also because I don’t find the number of thread I’ve used to copy the efi file...where is post 901???. thanks in advance
You should be able to upgrade to Catalina directly without issue. Post #894 is what your looking for if your using an 8th gen Nuc on page 90 I believe?

You should be able to upgrade to Catalina directly without issue. Post #894 is what your looking for if your using an 8th gen Nuc on page 90 I believe?
So can I upgrade like a “normal” Mac? Just downloading the os from the App Store?
and yes for the efi folder :) thank you

HDMI Firmware Update Tool for NUC8 to fix problems listed below
Update link:
IMPORTANT: READ ENTIRE PDF BEFORE UPGRADING.
Untick box "program customised data block" before updating.

Someone had flickering Monitor when playing videos. This is specific to HDMI to DVI but might fix other problems. It says this firmware upgrade is to fix that and more. Notes below:

• Your Samsung 6000* series television doesn't display video when connected to your Intel® NUC.
  • Some surround sound formats don't work when using your Intel NUC with an AV (Audio/Video) receiver.
  • Head-mounted display doesn’t wake up from sleep (S3) when using Windows* Mixed Reality.
  • Flickering display when using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter.
  • A blurry or distorted display.
Update has to be run on Windows 10. Update instructions below:
IMPORTANT: Read and follow this GUIDE pdf file:

1. Connect a HDMI monitor to the HDMI Port.
2. Turn on the Intel NUC.
3. In Windows File Explorer, navigate to the folder where you unzipped the download.
4. Right-click the file BobcatAuxISPTool.exe and select, Run as administrator to launch the
update tool.
5. Click Get FW Version to display the current firmware version.

IMPORTANT: Read all pages of PDF document before upgrading firmware. Untick box "program customised data block" before updating.

I updated mine had no trouble. If you made a mistake and didn't untick the box and you wiped the custom data block. Just run the firmware upgrade again and untick "program customised data block" and it will fix the wipe you did.

Attachments

• Should look like this after update.png
    Should look like this after update.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Currently on latest EFI folder from #901 (Updated EFI with Clover Version 5097, Catalina Ready 10/28/19)
Tried changing my SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,2, like @sridhar did. Didn't make much difference. Set my serial numbers too.
Narrowed down my problem. Screen starts flickering/turning off at specific segments of video files (say file XYZ.mkv at 30:34 creates a flicker each time).
-Encoding/container doesn't seem to matter - just specific times of specific files.
-Which video player is used doesn't matter.
-Changing Video Output Module in VLC doesn't make a difference.
-Enabling all the logging in VLC - nothing is logged specifically at the time of flickers.

@dmt0 here is a HDMI firmware update that MIGHT fix your flickering video. Look at my post on it.

Back