Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

So I'm trying to download macOs Catelina but I fail to download the installer. After 50-400mb (random) it just stops and I notice that my network speed is severely crippled.. I never noticed this before.. I was able to download the supplimental update 2 just fine.

Any suggestions?

(upgrade was without any issues on my macbook pro..)

So for some reason my ethernet connection is VERY unstable. One moment it's perfectly fine, next moment internet pages hardly load.. Don't understand why this is happening!
See this post here. A couple of suggestions, one implemented in the bios settings the other in system preferences under the network advanced setting.
Advanced Network.png

Last edited:
See this post here. A couple of suggestions, one implemented in the bios settings the other in system preferences under the network advanced setting.
View attachment 429296

Thanks man, I have changed the bios setting. I'll keep you posted if it worked.

BUT, I succesfully upgraded to Catelina by downloading the installer on my
Macbook Pro (from appstore), move it to my NUC8 and run the installer from there. 30min later I was up and running :).

Hi Leesureone, Thanks for the help. Upgraded to Catalina GM Seed 1 yesterday.

All seemed to work but this morning after sleeping the NUC overnight it woke up but was effectively locked. No apps would open and couldn't reboot. So I had to in the end turn off the power.

The Catalina GM Master just came out so I'm going to update to that and then have a proper play today.

All seems to be working after the reboot. icloud, Appstore, iMessage, Web browsing and LAN plus ethernet.

Not working: Audio still needs unplugging and replugging for audio but had that problem on Mojave. I'll move kexts to L/E folder but someone did that I read yesterday and it didn't work to fix their audio either. I'M GUESSING your audio works because you use the FRONT AUDIO OUT Leesureone.

Also when I woke my NUC from sleeping overnight. Screen TV connected through HDMI started flickering, going black and white snow but unplugging and replugging the HDMI fixed it and also fixes my glitchy audio.

Looking foreward to playing and learning catalina today see what's new. Thanks for your help again.

ALSO CLOVER BOOTLOADER STABLE has updated from 5070 to 5093. Is there any chance you could UPDATE YOUR EFI to the latest clover it might fix some of the above problems. Also and only if you have time can you screenshot what you choose in the clover install so we know what to tick to update CLOVER on our NUCS ourselves. I tried doing it to my EFI a while back and killed my booting lol.

Thanks heaps for helping us all out. I'm learning a lot.
@spottsy the latest stable version of clover is 5070. 5093 is still in beta as far as I can tell, I'd say stick with 5070.

Clover Download.png

Clover Beta.png

@spottsy the latest stable version of clover is 5070. 5093 is still in beta as far as I can tell, I'd say stick with 5070.

View attachment 429336

View attachment 429335

Sorry to waste your time of course you correct. I misread it. Certainly always stick to stable. Things seem stable for me now on Catalina from what I can tell. A little more testing. I'm just watching videos on Catalina etc to learn what's new etc and enjoying that I can poke around myself.

Anyone got NETFLIX OR PRIME VIDEO working in SAFARI at all?
Is anyone using a hackintosh able to play Netflix or Prime Video from Amazon working in Safari. It wouldn't work on Mojave and just tried again on Catalina and same Error code: S7363-1260-FFFFD089

I'm guessing it has to do with DRM (Digital Rights Management) even though the error code isn't to do with that. The help centre resolution doesn't help.

I have a large 60" TV and Chrome and Firefox are limited to 720p on MacOS and also Windows 10.

You have to use Safari or Microsoft Edge to get 1080p. And if you want 4k then you have to use MS Edge only.

I did some google searches and others have the problem but not much info about it so I thought I would ask here first.

Anyone got NETFLIX OR PRIME VIDEO working in SAFARI at all?
Is anyone using a hackintosh able to play Netflix or Prime Video from Amazon working in Safari. It wouldn't work on Mojave and just tried again on Catalina and same Error code: S7363-1260-FFFFD089

I'm guessing it has to do with DRM (Digital Rights Management) even though the error code isn't to do with that. The help centre resolution doesn't help.

I have a large 60" TV and Chrome and Firefox are limited to 720p on MacOS and also Windows 10.

You have to use Safari or Microsoft Edge to get 1080p. And if you want 4k then you have to use MS Edge only.

I did some google searches and others have the problem but not much info about it so I thought I would ask here first.
That is a well documented issue, try doing a search of these forums and then see how many hits you get (hint a whole bunch). The simplest recommendation is to switch browsers, which as you mention, does lead to lower resolutions, acceptable to me but I understand wanting higher resolution. Another suggestion would be to use parallels software to run windows and or get an Apple TV and stream from it.

This article deals with legit Macs but seems to be fairly comprehensive.

https://machow2.com/netflix-for-mac/

Last edited:
Hey!

Thanks for the guide and a special thanks to @Leesureone and @RehabMan
I'm running a nuc8i7BEH with the EFI-folder in post 901 on Catalina.

Everything works pretty smooth, except I can't get sleep to work at all.
I've tried removing the *.PowerManagement files in Library but without luck.

When putting it to sleep it does go down for like 2 seconds, then powers on again and will not work at all (display black). Have to unplug the power cable to get it to power up correctly again.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?
This happened also in Mojave and running different EFI setups.

Hey!

Thanks for the guide and a special thanks to @Leesureone and @RehabMan
I'm running a nuc8i7BEH with the EFI-folder in post 901 on Catalina.

Everything works pretty smooth, except I can't get sleep to work at all.
I've tried removing the *.PowerManagement files in Library but without luck.

When putting it to sleep it does go down for like 2 seconds, then powers on again and will not work at all (display black). Have to unplug the power cable to get it to power up correctly again.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?
This happened also in Mojave and running different EFI setups.
It's probably usb related, it maybe the files in EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched don't work with your configuration is my guess. I would suggest attempting to make your own UAIC.SSDT with Hackintool. Either that or back up your EFI and run the Rehabman script to download off his Github page. Once you do skip ahead to "Make" command in terminal and it should create two files for you that may work better. Instructions for that are near the end of the first post by Rehabman in this thread.

Last edited:
It's probably usb related, it maybe the files in EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched don't work with your configuration is my guess. I would suggest attempting to make your own UAIC.SSDT with Hackintool. Either that or back up your EFI and run the Rehabman script to download off his Github page. Once you do skip ahead to "Make" command in terminal and it should create two files for you that may work better. Instructions for that are near the end of the first post by Rehabman in this thread.

Hey! Thanks for the pointer.
I've read up on how to patch the SSDT, but not 100% sure on how to do it yet.
Looking in Hackintool this is what's there in regards to USB.

Screenshot 2019-10-10 08.24.16.png

I'm using the SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml from your EFI-folder which, at least in regards to USB is the same as Rehabman's github repo. Also seems to be the same in sarkrui's github repo.
I'm running BIOS 0071. Would these differ from different versions?

Thanks!

Back