Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Has anyone found a way to solve the issue of scratchy audio? I'm starting to think that it is my NUC that has the problem instead of the installation. I've moved the kexts to Library/Extensions and that hasn't worked. I've updated to the latest version of 10.14.6 and still I get this hum, using the headphone jack OR the hdmi audio (and then headphone jack on my monitor.
Has been driving me nuts all day. Any other solutions? I have a NUC8i7BEH with firmware 0072 that came pre installed. I think 0073 has come out now, so maybe it is that?
See here:

#1,009

So I successfully installed 10.14.6 but Mojave update says there's a 10.14.6 supplimental update 2. Can I safely install this without breaking my install?

So I successfully installed 10.14.6 but Mojave update says there's a 10.14.6 supplimental update 2. Can I safely install this without breaking my install?
Yes

I also notice that the volume control buttons from my magic keyboard don't work (I have it connected with usb for now). Any suggestions?

Plan is to get BT/WiFI working.

I also notice that the volume control buttons from my magic keyboard don't work (I have it connected with usb for now). Any suggestions?

Plan is to get BT/WiFI working.
Does your NUC recognize it's an apple keyboard via usb? Bluetooth via the on board Intel card is spotty and is reportedly unreliable. Wifi doesn't work at all and unless you want to give up your M2 slot to an adapter and apple airport card your alternatives are kind of limited. Either get a USB Bluetooth Dongle like this one and use wired ethernet or use another usb dongle for Wifi (there are no combo cards that work as far as I know).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ83070/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Does your NUC recognize it's an apple keyboard via usb? Bluetooth via the on board Intel card is spotty and is reportedly unreliable. Wifi doesn't work at all and unless you want to give up your M2 slot to an adapter and apple airport card your alternatives are kind of limited. Either get a USB Bluetooth Dongle like this one and use wired ethernet or use another usb dongle for Wifi (there are no combo cards that work as far as I know).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ83070/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
I have BT and Wifi disabled on the bios and have my keyboard connected with a lightning-usb cable. The strange thing is that macos on the first boot said that my magic keyboard was connected wirelessly (so it detected it was a magic keyboard).

yes I know,I’m planning to do it via the m.2 port if I can find the right ports.

For those interested, I just ran a Geekbench4 and these were my results:
single core : 5759
multi core: 19952

God damn, the supplemental update 2 broke my sound?! On the other hand volume controls on keyboard seem to work..

If someone uses your setup sequence he boot mac os normally, but lose some NVRAM functionality. Clover may use real UEFI NVRAM or emulated one. Then EmuVariableEfi driver installed NVRAM is emulated and Clover need some data transferred from/to system. rc.local and rc.shutdown.local scripts are responsible for these transfers while loading and shutdown the OS and these scripts should be installed on a boot drive.
rc scripts are a part of Clover installation.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Chines_spy. My system is really nice working on it without a problem. I have learnt a lot over the past few weeks and I do like to understand how things work. So thanks for the shared knowledge.

I have BT and Wifi disabled on the bios and have my keyboard connected with a lightning-usb cable. The strange thing is that macos on the first boot said that my magic keyboard was connected wirelessly (so it detected it was a magic keyboard).

yes I know,I’m planning to do it via the m.2 port if I can find the right ports.
Impossible it was connected wirelessly right? You can check system report and look under USB, your keyboard should show there and you can see if it is recognized.

Back