Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

i decided to do the opposite, started with mac os and then i want to disconnect M2ssd WDblue install win10pro then reconnect MacoS

That is the way I ended up doing it.

i really never know about it... thank you so much.

i hope to try later and make you know

nothing about usb bluetooth dongle
I placed the EFI partition on microSD card, blocked booting from other devices and interfaces except microSD and Thunderbolt/USB-C (eGPU reasons). This is a very useful configuration: Clover on EFI see all the partitions and devices that can be booted up and quite well protect against accidental delete or erase. The internal microSD reader is not recognized by the macOS, so in order to edit the EFI partition you need to put the card with EFI to the USB reader. This way I use Catalina, Mojave and Ubuntu on one NUC :)

I placed the EFI partition on microSD card, blocked booting from other devices and interfaces except microSD and Thunderbolt/USB-C (eGPU reasons). This is a very useful configuration: Clover on EFI see all the partitions and devices that can be booted up and quite well protect against accidental delete or erase. The internal microSD reader is not recognized by the macOS, so in order to edit the EFI partition you need to put the card with EFI to the USB reader. This way I use Catalina, Mojave and Ubuntu on one NUC :)
No real advantage to what you describe over an internal hard drive set up. If you had a boot issue caused by updating clover or OSX then just go back to the standard usb boot drive to fix it.

No real advantage to what you describe over an internal hard drive set up. If you had a boot issue caused by updating clover or OSX then just go back to the standard usb boot drive to fix it.
I've only described a method that will make it easier to install Windows and other OS without having to turn off the BIOS drives.

I've only described a method that will make it easier to install Windows and other OS without having to turn off the BIOS drives.
[/QUOTE

I understand what you are saying but that's not fool proof either.

The internal microSD reader is not recognized by the macOS, so...
You are right, it's not recognised by default, but it still usable via old Sinetek-rtsx.kext. I use internal reader a lot and only this fact stops me from desoldering it in favor of apple wifi/bluetooth card.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-15 at 09.15.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-15 at 09.15.16.png
    462 KB · Views: 172
  • Sinetek-rtsx.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
Hi everyone,
It is possible that somebody has already asked my questions here before. I am sorry if so, but the activity in this forum is so high (which is fantastic) and it is difficult to dig through all these posts.

To the point:
I recently installed Hackintosh on my NUC8i7BEH2 using instructions from 1st post of current thread and 430th post from THIS thread.
Everything looks to be working fine except three things:
1. start of the system mostly fails with error allocating pages:
IMG-5432.JPG
2. there is some card without drivers - is this WiFi card? or card reader which seems to be not working?:
IMG-5433.JPG
3. My PC has two disks: one for Windows and one for OSX. I installed OSX when Windows disk was disconnected.I want Windows to have boot priority and just when I press F10, I choosing second disk with OSX and Clover starts. It works the way I wanted it to but Clover displays two icons for boot: Windows and OSX.
a: maybe I could leave it like this and set some timeout to automatically start boot Windows in Clover? If so - how?
b: how can I change icon for OSX in Clover? - is empty while the one that starts Windows has an nice windows logo.

My OSX version is Mohave (I think is the latest one).
BIOS version is 073.
My Clover version is:
IMG-5431.JPG

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
It is possible that somebody has already asked my questions here before. I am sorry if so, but the activity in this forum is so high (which is fantastic) and it is difficult to dig through all these posts.

To the point:
I recently installed Hackintosh on my NUC8i7BEH2 using instructions from 1st post of current thread and 430th post from THIS thread.
Everything looks to be working fine except three things:
1. start of the system mostly fails with error allocating pages:
View attachment 426143
2. there is some card without drivers - is this WiFi card? or card reader which seems to be not working?:
View attachment 426145
3. My PC has two disks: one for Windows and one for OSX. I installed OSX when Windows disk was disconnected.I want Windows to have boot priority and just when I press F10, I choosing second disk with OSX and Clover starts. It works the way I wanted it to but Clover displays two icons for boot: Windows and OSX.
a: maybe I could leave it like this and set some timeout to automatically start boot Windows in Clover? If so - how?
b: how can I change icon for OSX in Clover? - is empty while the one that starts Windows has an nice windows logo.

My OSX version is Mohave (I think is the latest one).
BIOS version is 073.
My Clover version is:
View attachment 426146
1. Thats an unusual error for these NUC's , usually a runtime error means the memory driver isn't working or is missing. It can also be the physical memory itself isn't seated well or in some cases doesn't like OSX (again unusual). Double check you have the following drivers installed:
Reccomended Drivers.png
You can try updating clover again making sure the above are updated or reinstalled
2. That is the memory card reader, the onboard Intel WiFi doesn't;t work or show up at all. There is a post by @chinese_spy in regards to a driver for the card reader, I don't use it and some other users have reported it not working. Not a huge issue for me
3. What you are asking is how to set the default boot priority in Clover. Both drives will show but you can set one to start without your help using the default volume and a time out. Clover Configurator is probably the easiest way and here is one of many tips located on this forum.

Hi Leesureone,
thank you for your help.
Double check you have the following drivers installed:
I couldn't find all drives you mention, just those:
Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 21.04.34.png
Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 21.05.03.png
four missing.
How can I get them?

Not a huge issue for me
For me too. I can live with it.
Clover Configurator is probably the easiest way and here is one of many tips located on this forum.
Thanks. I set the default boot partition and countdown to two sec. It works as I wanted.

Back